Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Rules Changes?

Default Re: Recommended Rules Changes?

I personally am in favor of calling stalling on the head and arm ride, hate that ride with a passion.

I think any ride without the attempt to turn is stalling IMO. I agree on the point about OT unless you are just dropping to an ankle.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

There are already rules in place to deal with this. They simply aren't enforced. Referees could call stalling if they weren't so hesitant to influence big matches (not necessarily a bad instinct IMO). I got so sick of hearing refs calling for action during the championship matches but not calling stalling. I thought it was foolish to listen to a ref call for action for three minutes, with no substantive offense occurring, and then see nothing called. Also, quicker stalemates when wrestlers just dive for each others ankles and end up North-South. I realize that removes some of the "funk" offense some guys use but most of the time it is just a stalling tactic for a wrestler in a bad spot. Finally, everybody seems to leg ride these days which I think is a perfectly valid thing but, again, the referees need to ensure guys are actually working for points. Too many guys put the boots in and then spend two minutes rolling wrists under, throwing cross-faces, and generally looking busy. You can generate a ton of offense with the legs in (witness Mitch Clark earning a tech fall in the NCAA Finals) but very few do.

I agree with GrapplerFan that it is almost embarrassing to heard the refs constantly nagging wrestle for action and then never make any stalling calls.
    I think the biggest problem is the playing the out of bounds line as a defense. Call fleeing the mat more aggressively or go to the FS pushout rule.
    I also would like to see th eUS gravitate towards more FS type rules in general, especially giving points for exposure from nuetral.

I think on Top Position you should have to be moving to stick in a leg or begin working for the turn within the first 15 seconds or you both come back up again with no point awarded for either...get them back on their feet again.

Riding time would be REALLY hard to get.

I actually think if the bottom guy gets to his feet then he should also be awarded the 1 point escape and the bottom wrestler must let go and they both return to center. Just a thought.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I still think that you should not be able to get a riding time point unless you get backs in the match. The 2-1 riding time victories are among the most frustrating in all of wrestling for fans, coaches and wrestlers...

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I still think that you should not be able to get a riding time point unless you get backs in the match. The 2-1 riding time victories are among the most frustrating in all of wrestling for fans, coaches and wrestlers...
    Love this idea. Love it.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by GrapplerFan View Post
    Finally, everybody seems to leg ride these days which I think is a perfectly valid thing but, again, the referees need to ensure guys are actually working for points. Too many guys put the boots in and then spend two minutes rolling wrists under, throwing cross-faces, and generally looking busy. You can generate a ton of offense with the legs in (witness Mitch Clark earning a tech fall in the NCAA Finals) but very few do.
    While I agree with your point about the leg riding stallers who give true rider's a bad name, I felt that there was a distinct absence of leg riding this season as a whole. The Tightwaist/half-nelson ride was far more prevalent, (thanks Jason Ness) as is the crab ride, which I don't particularly like. But what would you know anyway?

In my opinion, when a wrestler throws legs and is not proficient at it, its usually stalling. At the NCAA level, most people who are legriders are very proficient at it and rarley stall. I think the Crab ride is a low percentage series (some are VERY good at it, this is a generalization not a fact) and because its so low percentage, it is in itself a stall tactic.

I like this idea as well. Kind of like the non-tech fall when you don't get backs but you win by 15...this idea has legs.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

That's a very interesting idea, one I haven't heard before. I like it.

But then again, you leave open the possibility of watching 2 more minutes of boring OT.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!