Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Communism?

Default Re: Communism?

Yeah, the ownership thing is very contentious in Illinois high school sports right now. The Illinois High School Association will not grant credentials for state championships to any photographer who will take pictures at an event with intent to resell them-which is pretty much all photographers. So all of the newspapers in Illinois are limiting their coverage in retaliation. Of course, the only people losing out are the athletes and the fans. The very popular blogger Perez Hilton has also been sued for not crediting his use of pictures. I always try to credit the photography I use on my site, but sometimes the credit can be hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Yeah, the ownership thing is very contentious in Illinois high school sports right now. The Illinois High School Association will not grant credentials for state championships to any photographer who will take pictures at an event with intent to resell them-which is pretty much all photographers.
    That's not entirely accurate WRT the wrestling photography community. The majority of wrestling photographers I know do not do this to resell the shots, they do it, like most of us, because they love the sport and want to give back. Occasionally a parent or college team will come to me for shots and want to pay for them, but I can't tell you how many t-shirts and sweat shirts I've gotten as payment. The only intent I (and most wrestling photographers) have is to further the sport though better photography. Plus all that fame and glory! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    cause you know me....this whole thread kinda makes me laugh

Neither martin or JB are any kind of celebrity (except in their own minds). This controversy over an award from an association the majority of us are not even aware of is stupid. Alot of time, the parties involved don't realize that we, the fans, think about this crap for about 3....maybe 4 seconds......before moving on to other parts of our lives.

I say, Martin needs to shut up and enjoy what he does for a living. Intermat and Flo should find some collaborative endeavors because what they could produce in a synergetic aspect would be cool.

Cause in the end.....we, the fans, don't care about your NWMA plaque. We care about good results, interesting features, engaging interviews and CONTENT.

THE END.
    And we'll even pay for it if it were marketed right.
    See you in St. Louis!