Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dook has highest team GPA in the nation

Olympic Champ

No offense but its not like you have become a lawyer, a doctor, or a wealthy banker, you know the things that America values above all?

I never said you can't make a living with a low GPA but to hit it big in this country more so than not you need excellent grades.

(Unless you are born into a rich family and/or running for the White House)

I will say Big in my experience a person who networks better has a better chance of gaining your elite jobs that you list above good grades help. But, unless you are graduating from one of the prestigious schools (MIT, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Oxford, ect....). I don't think GPA matters as much as you think.

I disagree that a hefty GPA is in any way going to make you any more money or improve your career potential by itself. If you have the drive to do well in school day in and day out, you will have a better chance of doing the same in the business world, but it definitely is not necessary.

Olympic Champ

I doubt you will see too many self made CEOs with a 2.5 GPA from college.

How did Bill Gates do in college?
    Last edited by Wiltz; 05-15-2007 at 04:31 PM.

I always learned that BAC was more important than GPA...

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    How did Bill Gates do in college?

I don't know what his GPA was prior to leaving Harvard.

Do you really want to base people's success on how well Gates did? Come on now. You are better than that.

My point is Big success is not always based on someones GPA in college. Their are tons of examples of people who did poorly in school and are very successful. Someones GPA in college is not the determining factor in someones overall success. Their are too many factors that contribute to someones success other than their GPA in college.

For the record, I graduated with a 2.4 ... but had a 3.6 within my major. I thought the pre-req's were a big waste of time.

Although coming out of high school, I had a pretty good GPA that got me into at least one Ivy League school, but due to extreme expense, I went "state school" baby!!!