Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another round of look-alikes?

Default another round of look-alikes?

In today's mail, I got a pack of those wrestling legends cards (thanks to my favorite mountain coach if you're out there lurking), and one of the cards was of Mark Ironside (one of my all-time favorite wrestlers).

I had never noticed this before, and maybe it's just something about this particular picture, but it freaked me out how much he looks like Joey Slaton. I think it's eery on the John Smith-Hendricks level.

Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Default Re: another round of look-alikes?

wow... it would not be difficult to mistake one for the other

slaton def. looks different in that pic compared to the not so good pictures they had for the finals on ESPN, which made almost everyone look like they were the product of a long line of inbreedings.

Their resemblance in those pictures is almost uncanny! To add to the strangeness of it, they are both from the same hometown.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Their resemblance in those pictures is almost uncanny! To add to the strangeness of it, they are both from the same hometown.
    Hmm. Then maybe it's not so strange after all

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

They are from rival schools, Ironside CR Jefferson and Slaton CR Kennedy. Mark's kids are in the CR Praire school district. Ironside has worked camps with Slaton, LeClere, Borschel, Anson, Mueller(ISU) and many other since they were young. Ironside is only about 10-12 years older than Slaton. Unlike the Smith/JH.

Mark could be his older brother though.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    They are from rival schools, Ironside CR Jefferson and Slaton CR Kennedy. Mark's kids are in the CR Praire school district. Ironside has worked camps with Slaton, LeClere, Borschel, Anson, Mueller(ISU) and many other since they were young. Ironside is only about 10-12 years older than Slaton. Unlike the Smith/JH.

Mark could be his older brother though.
    I wasn't meaning along the lines of the father/son joke with the Smith-Hendricks thing, I meant along the lines of how much I think they look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Hmm. Then maybe it's not so strange after all
    touche.

Or his father.....
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.