Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Banach is in trouble!"

World Champ

Default Re: "Banach is in trouble!"

IPTV is a very worthy place to send a few dollars, GG.

My mother NEVER missed an wrestling meet on IPTV. Long after I'd moved out of the state, she would call me up right after a meet to talk about it. And if you called her DURING the meets, she wouldn't pick up the phone. I tell wresting fans out here that they show college wrestling on Public Television back home, and their jaws drop.

They used to braodcast the Lehigh meets on PBS on the Lehigh Valley PBS station (I think PBS also covered the HS state meet)

Olympic Champ

College Wrestling is one of the greatest shows IPTV has ever done and I bet there are many across the state who stop everything to watch it. Too bad Nebraska (NET) doesn't do something similar (at least I don't think they do). Doug Brown was a great announcer who is missed. He wasn't above throwing out a pun or two, or telling a story.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    They used to braodcast the Lehigh meets on PBS on the Lehigh Valley PBS station (I think PBS also covered the HS state meet)
    Do they still? I hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Do they still? I hope they do.
    I seemed to have remember them stopping (I stopped donating to PBS and I think that was why). I don't live in the area anymore so I can't confirm.

Arguably the loudest moment in the history of Hilton Coliseum occurs on Jan. 9, 1981, when a packed house jumps to its feet as Cyclone heavyweight Dave Osenbaugh pins Hawkeye national champion Lou Banach.

I was there when O.Z. pinned Banach. Hilton went crazy. Dave walked by our apartment every night after practice, and we gave him a standing ovation from our porch every night for a month. We clapped and chanted O. Z. O.Z. O. Z. It was better than real life back then.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

There is someone who thinks she can help me get the video posted on the blog. I'll let you know if we can make it work.

Someone did the work necessary for me to add the Banach vs. Osenbaugh video to the end of the blog.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ndID=190150038
    Last edited by gg121and2; 04-02-2008 at 01:18 PM.