Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Guys at the US Open

Default College Guys at the US Open

Last year we had Simmons, and Konrad in the Open finals in freestyle, and Haze doing the same in Greco just a few weeks after competing in their final NCAA tournament.

Should be interesting to see what recent graduates, or current guys head out that way this year. I'm sure Herbert will be there, Metcalf mentioned in his post finals press conference that he's going.

Default Re: College Guys at the US Open

since you're including redshirts, I'll throw in Brad Pataky
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

I know a high school kid that will be entered @ 55kg.

On a Big X network interview Reiter mentioned he was working towards the Olympics. He may be there, possibly in Greco.

I've also heard rumors an ex-Cyclone wrestler was going to try for the Olympics.....we'll see.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    I've also heard rumors an ex-Cyclone wrestler was going to try for the Olympics.....we'll see.

I hope it happens! We need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    I know a high school kid that will be entered @ 55kg.
    who is it?

Tyler Graff, speaking of high school kids I imagine we may see Welch try his hand at the Seniors again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    On a Big X network interview Reiter mentioned he was working towards the Olympics. He may be there, possibly in Greco.

Gable? Haha..just kidding..I think that Cael..sadly..is done with olympics. I know a guy who wrestled with him at ISU and he said that he is satisfied with his job and doesn't have a desire to try it again. Ya never know though..Things could change..

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Gable? Haha..just kidding..I think that Cael..sadly..is done with olympics. I know a guy who wrestled with him at ISU and he said that he is satisfied with his job and doesn't have a desire to try it again. Ya never know though..Things could change..
    We'll see. I heard from people in the program that Cael was ramping up his own workouts, and contacted Mo Lawal about training together. Granted, this was a couple months ago, and I don't know what has changed since then, or how accurate it was in the first place.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!