Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the Importance of Cyclone Wrestling: A Confession.....

Default Re: On the Importance of Cyclone Wrestling: A Confession.....

The Chicagoan

He had been a horrible man his entire life and has been sent to HELL.

The devil puts him to work breaking up rocks with a sledgehammer. To make it worse he cranks up the temperature and the humidity.

After a couple of days, the devil checks in on his victim to see if he is suffering adequately. The devil is aghast as the Chicagoan is happily swinging his hammer and whistling a happy tune.

The devil walks up to him and says, "I don't understand this. I've turned the heat way up, it's humid, you're crushing rocks; why are you so happy?"

The Chicagoan, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great! It reminds me of August in Chicago. Hot, humid, a good place to work. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!"

The devil, extremely perplexed, walks away to ponder the Chicagoan's remarks. Then he decides to drop the temperature, send down a driving rain and torrential wind.

Soon, Hell is a wet, muddy mess. Walking in mud up to his knees with dust blowing into his eyes, the Chicagoan is happily slogging through the mud pushing a wheelbarrow full of crushed rocks.

Again, the devil asks how he can be happy in such conditions. The Chicagoan replies, "This is great! Just like April in Chicago. It reminds me of working out in the yard with spring planting!"

The devil is now completely baffled but more determined to make the Chicagoan suffer. He makes the temperature plummet. Suddenly Hell is blanketed in snow and ice.

Confident that this will surely make the Chicagoan unhappy, the devil checks in on the Chicagoan. He is again aghast at what he sees.

The Chicagoan is dancing, singing, and twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in glee.

"How can you be so happy? Don't you know its 40 below zero!?" screams the devil.

Jumping up and down the Chicagoan throws a snowball at the devil and yells, "Hell's frozen over!! This means the Cubs won the World Series!!"
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

I was disapointed as well to have seven all americans and not be in the top four. I saw it coming though. Varner just had too many 3-2 matches this year against inferior opponents. He couldn't open up when he had too. I just hope it motivates him to become the monster I know he can be the next two years. ISU is going to be right there for the title next year. In Omaha I see them running away with it. So only good things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    Sorry you're havin' a pity party there, Cy, but you don't have to dis the Cubs! Opening day is less than a week away. Spring is in the air. Hope springs eternal!
    Speaking of opening day, I did the Busch Stadium tour. If your a Cardinal fan you've got to do one. John O'Connor asked me to go along with him between session 2 and 3. He said he could have laid out on the pitchers mound and died and gone to heaven right there. He used to be able to pickup Cardinal games in Oxford, NY, when he was a kid. I did too. Did you know Harry Carey was a commentator for the Cardinals before the Cubs? Sorry about the clones Cy. I was rooting for them too. Sanderson had some good matches. In fact day one I had on an plain shirt, Harvard Cap. Day two, the same cap and a cyclone shirt, and day three an Iowa shirt and the Harvard cap.
    Last edited by JPOConnorFan; 03-26-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    See you in St. Louis!

Olympic Champ

When I was a kid, and radio was mostly the only way to get a Cardinal's game, I listened all the time to Harry Carey ("It might be. It could be. It is! A home run!) and Jack Buck, call out those games when Bob Gibson was still throwing. When Harry disappeared around '70-'71 I asked my Dad what happened, and he gave me a sort of unsatisfying answer of some sort (not like him). I know now it was because I was still young. Years later I found out the reason: ole' Harry had been messin around with the boss's wife (Mrs. Busch). So that's why he ended up going to Chicago (first the White Sox "Have a Fa-alstaff", then the Cubs).