Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metcalf-Will history repeat itself?

Redshirt

Default Metcalf-Will history repeat itself?

I remember after Dustin won his title I immediately said to myself and even posted it on thematforums that Dustin wasn't going to lose another match. I kind of have that feeling about Metcalf now, but I am a little more hesitant to say the same thing based on the fact that it is very hard to do something like this. Metcalf however, has a different style than Dustin and is least likely to get upset in my opinion. I'm hoping Dustin was just injured and comes back 100% healthy, because I want to know who really is the best. Does anyone else get the feeling that Metcalf won't lose another college match and did you guys have the same feeling about Schlatter after he won his 1st?

Default Re: Metcalf-Will history repeat itself?

There are a lot of factors that will come into play. The bigest one is staying healthy. I believe if Dustin would have stayed healthy he would possibly have not lost another match.

Redshirt

Very true, do you think Dustin will be able to get back to 100 percent?

I have a feeling it may happen. Probably not as likely at the NCAA's. Metcalf is just different cat. Mentally tough, he doesn't seem to panic when he gets takendown, it just seems to make him more determined.

Like I said anything can happen.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Redshirt

I saw that too, even when Bubba was up 4-1 I was thinking to myself this is far from over.

The last three NCAA champs at 149 did not repeat(yet), Gillespie, Schlatter and Esposito. All three were at least favored to become champions one more time. This could be a curse of being a 149lb champ!
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Redshirt

Wow, I didn't realize it has been that way for the past 3 years.

2 years and 70-80 matches is a loooong time to go unblemished.
    I say he has a bump or two, but I think he'll be a three timer! 41 and 57 are going to become very deep weights.

Well there is a big difference between Dustin and Brent: Brent earns his points and makes his points by shooting and actually attacking. Dustin never attacks and simply hopes for an opportunity or a mess up to score. The true powerhouses of the sport create their points and are always on the attack, therefore i think Brent has a much better chance than Dustin ever did.