Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bubba Jenkins

Default Re: Bubba Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    I think that is a common misconception about Metcalf, of course he gets winded. It just takes him a little longer. If you saw his interview afterwards he was breathing hard. Metcalf just doesn't give into fatigue like some others, Bubba is a prime example. Metcalf just pushes through, where a lot of others give into fatigue. JMO. Bubba just needs to memorize some good old boring answers.. I'm disappointed....He's a heck of a competitor....I am going to go back and work harder.
    No misconception at all. Winded means you can't go very well at all. He's breathing hard in the interview cause he just sprinted off the mat.
    See you in St. Louis!

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by chrir33 View Post
    I interpreted what Jenkins said after the match as him keeping a positive note on his performance, letting Metcalf know he isn't afraid of him, and that he will beat him in the future possibly. That's what I got from it anyhow.
    That's the way I interpreted his comments too. If you want to win you have to keep your head up. both physically and psychologically. Next year is next year.
    Props to Bubba Jenkins for have a very good season and a great tourney.

That said, I do want to see Metcalf wrestle Caldwell again. Metcalf focuses more on ways to improve than any National Champ I've seen for a while, so I would expect him to improve in the "off-season" as much as anyone out there. Wanting it and making the necessary efforts to achieve it are a bit different. Caldwell and Palmer will not let up either. If all the top 149lbers make big improvements, it should be a helluva weight class next year.

caldwell sprints up to 157 next year to avoid metcalf...in all likelihood they never wrestle again..

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    caldwell sprints up to 157 next year to avoid metcalf...in all likelihood they never wrestle again..
    bummer

Redshirt

Caldwell may very well be at 157 next year, I don't know, but if he is I seriously don't think he is running from Metcalf.

Yeah please don't bring in the "he's running from him" arguments that turn into nasty 38 page threads on the other board. Jenkins has faced top competition all year and if he was afraid of top notch competition he wouldn't have went to junior worlds with very little freestyle experience...

Yeah..maybe that was unfair of me..I don't think Caldwell is afraid of anyone..But i don't see him being at 149 again..

Caldwell was a 52 pounder as a senior in high school. So I imagine the weight cut the last two years, to 41 last year, and 49 this past year may have been kind of tough on him.

last summer there was info coming from the NC State sports info department that he was going to be 157 this year (07-08) ...
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference