Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mendes parents & referee

NCAA Champ

Default Mendes parents & referee

This was posted on the California Forum, don't know who the poster is or if in fact he/she is related to Mendes, but something to ponder if true.

http://www.thecaliforniawrestler.com...ad.php?t=45870

Default Re: Mendes parents & referee

Sounds like a load of bull to me, a ref, especially at that level, would never do that.

I call BS on this too. No way, No how do you admit that. Maybe if you are writing your memoirs or something. Wrong place and time.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

A former AA told me that a ref. apologized to him the next year for a bad call. I don't think it is entirely unbelievable, but i still don't buy it.

If it is true, that sucks. But even so, he shouldn't have left it in the ref's hands. And if Mendes would have gotten the takedown and wrestled differently, that still does not mean he would have won. Jaggers likely would have wrestled differently too.

If what she say's is true, and she is truly the mom, I understand her frustration, but saying "we will never forgive you" is pretty childish and she needs to grow up.

And Kessel went to the Churella family and said the same thing!
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Kessel did blow it...i thought mendes match was officiated fine...Jaggers was the best..

I know that his mother posted something similar on my forum and it is in fact her. In real time I thought it was a TD, but I haven't seen the TV broadcast, maybe not.
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net

That's such a shame, not getting the 2 in the second caused him to give up 2 & 2 in the third period. Her sons score was 1-0 going into the third, with him on bottom. I would think a "champion" would have shrugged off the no call and proceed to outwrestle his opponent the final 2 minutes of the match. Jaggers earned his championship, his mom said so!
    Last edited by JeepCreep; 03-25-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    I'm JeepCreep, and I approve this message.