Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA Today's coverage

Default USA Today's coverage

Did anyone happen to pick up Sunday's USA Today? Was there any coverage of the national tournament in it? I got Monday's, but there was only a short little piece on Iowa winning the title. It only mentioned two individual champions, Metcalf & Dustin Fox. Of course there was 6+ pages of news on, as one of my fellow posters on this forum called, the "orange ball people."

NCAA Champ

Default Re: USA Today's coverage

Not a single word in the LA Times yesterday or today.

Quote Originally Posted by mrawlik View Post
    Did anyone happen to pick up Sunday's USA Today? Was there any coverage of the national tournament in it? I got Monday's, but there was only a short little piece on Iowa winning the title. It only mentioned two individual champions, Metcalf & Dustin Fox. Of course there was 6+ pages of news on, as one of my fellow posters on this forum called, the "orange ball people."
    USA Today does not publish a print edition on Sunday. It is a Monday-Friday paper.

Quote Originally Posted by lu_alum View Post
    USA Today does not publish a print edition on Sunday. It is a Monday-Friday paper.
    Well that answers my question. The Detroit Free Press had a very small article on Sunday, the headline being "Davison Native Wins NCAA Title" or something of that nature.

I'd be embqarassed to link the local Jersey paper. They make the assertion that Mark Perry is the 12th NJ wrestler to repeat a championship. I've written to him contending Perry is a native Oklahoman and I don't care if he wrestled for Blair. Same goes for Mark Lieberman, a PA resident that wrestled for Blair.

NJ has some of the best wrestling in the country and we don't need to adopt talent from other states in order to pad the record.

Raleigh NC (home of NC State) paper had one tiny little blurb about Caldwell. Oh yeah, and another blurb about a local wrestler who was arrested Friday night for drunk/disorderly/assault.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Olympic Champ

Sportism at its worst. In Russia.......ah nevermind.

The Columbus Dispatch disappointed me on Saturday and I didn't have time to check the Sunday paper, but this is on their website and it's not too bad.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...7.html?sid=101