Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different Roads to the Top

Default Different Roads to the Top

Check out the comments by Bubba Jenkins. Saying he scared Metcalf. OK Bubba whatever.

http://media.www.dailyiowan.com/medi...-3279744.shtml
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Default Re: Different Roads to the Top

That's funny. What it looked like to me is that Jenkins woke him up and pissed him off. Then it was over. If that had been an eight minute match, Jenkins would still be on the ScottTrade Arena floor catching his wind today.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Maybe not how we (or anyone else) saw it happen, but there's nothing wrong with his attitude. Hopefully Bubba works hard and comes back with a better tank next season, whatever weightclass he's at. Would you prefer him to say "I didn't belong on the same mat with him?"

Jenkins is taking a redshirt next season

Give Jenkins credit, he did not cling to his lead and shut down. Maybe he should have, but he kept wrestling. This could have been the formula to beat Metcalf. He is gives up pints in the first, so get an early lead and shut down. Of course Metcalf's pace and style makes this hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Give Jenkins credit, he did not cling to his lead and shut down. Maybe he should have, but he kept wrestling. This could have been the formula to beat Metcalf. He is gives up pints in the first, so get an early lead and shut down. Of course Metcalf's pace and style makes this hard to do.
    In fact he got a little lax leaving his right leg wide open when he stood up and Metbull head on.

Bump for you Vak

At 149, the most anticipated of weight classes at Nationals, Bubba had no place on the same mat as Metcalfe. Granted he had an early lead but I don't think anyone watching thought it would last. I was disappointed Metcalfe didn't get a shot at Caldwell to put him in his place as well.

I guess it looked a little different from my point of view (in the stands) than it did from Bubba's point of view (on the mat). I never saw Metcalf scared, he just kept taking it to Bubba with his agressive style. Bubba couldn't keep up.