Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perry-Marable Controversy

Default Perry-Marable Controversy

As I promised, I waited until I saw it to make my opinion. And, it burns down to a judgment call. I thought Perry had the TD before he locked up the cradle, then, when he locks on the cradle, Marable's knee is on the ground, and maybe his hip (hard to tell from the camera angle) for a second AFTER the cradle is locked on. I'd have been annoyed if they hadn't called the TD, although it wouldn't be a terrible injustice. It was close, but it was a TD.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Perry-Marable Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by VakAttack View Post
    As I promised, I waited until I saw it to make my opinion. And, it burns down to a judgment call. I thought Perry had the TD before he locked up the cradle, then, when he locks on the cradle, Marable's knee is on the ground, and maybe his hip (hard to tell from the camera angle) for a second AFTER the cradle is locked on. I'd have been annoyed if they hadn't called the TD, although it wouldn't be a terrible injustice. It was close, but it was a TD.
    The sad thing for Marable was that he basically kicked Perry's butt most of the match but Perry gets away with the funkiest shite this side of Ben Askren.

I think Tan will do a better job of finishing though and we may actually have a Jewish champion! L'Chaim.

That match kept me from having five fantasy guys in the finals...Marable has been the most improved wrestler from last year in my opinion.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    That match kept me from having five fantasy guys in the finals...Marable has been the most improved wrestler from last year in my opinion.
    Um... yeah.

Knee touched, cradle locked, two points. It's about time the refs get some balls and put themselves out there to make the tough calls.

The situation was much closer than the radio guys made it out to be. Hendricks' 3rd TD over Churella still reigns supreme for me as the worst call of all time.

I personally think it should have been waved off due to reaction time, much like the situation in Metcalf v. Palmer where Palmer was very close, but the ref had them keep wrestling and Metcalf managed to scramble out.

In all likelihood though had it gone to OT, Perry would have stalled out the sudden victory minute and then won it in the tiebreaker anyway.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by VakAttack View Post

This is actually the best account of the match i have read yet. I'm sitting on press row.....as close as you can be to the match.....and this is EXACTLY the case.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post

Good vote for most improved. I have to take Phil Keddy though because he was pretty much the worst wrestler i've ever seen as of last year.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I forgot to add the hooking of the leg. He had the leg hooked. I was watching the Glenn-Michalak final, and a similar situation occurred for Michalak's winning TD.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...