Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perry-Marable Controversy

Default Re: Perry-Marable Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Good vote for most improved. I have to take Phil Keddy though because he was pretty much the worst wrestler i've ever seen as of last year.
    Good point.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Thats insane.

We have the advantge of hindsight. In hindsight its obvious there was never control. Marable is facing him, even in the cradle then came right through it.

I couldnt hear the ref call the two and determine if upon hearing he had two or the buzzer, Perry let it go so he wouldnt be reversed.

But based on the video, Perry never demonstrated he was in control.

I thought the call could have gome either way, the same as the Metcalf-Palmer scramble. Ref could have given a quick two to Palmer.
    They both were 50/50 calls and Hawks got them both.

Why was Mark Perry booed? I don't think he did anything wrong. Is he unpopular for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Knee touched, cradle locked, two points. It's about time the refs get some balls and put themselves out there to make the tough calls.
    I was up in a box when this happened with an Olympic silver medalist, an NCAA Champion, and several others who did not think it was a td. I was the only one who was watching it through my camera zoom and quietly thought to myself it was a TD.
    See you in St. Louis!

I think this one was close, down to a judgement call...

To me the more questionable TD call was the one for Michalak against Glenn in the final seconds (second?) of their semifinal match - I was rooting for Michalak but I couldn't see how that was two...

Why was Mark Perry booed? I don't think he did anything wrong. Is he unpopular for some reason?

The match was right in front of the Missouri crowd and I dont think people took a liking to Perry blowing kisses around the arena... Hes a pretty big clown. As for the TD I would have said no in the arena but when I got home today and watched it again I can definetly see why the ref gave the two. They slowed it down and once he locked it up and Marable's knee was touching its considered control because of the pinning combination. Also as mentioned above the leg hooking didnt hurt.

I think people were booing the call itself, not Perry. But then Perry did a "reverse Askren" after the match by blowing kisses to the Missouri crowd. Askren did a similar thing after beating Ludke in the semis last year to the Iowa crowd.

Either way, the booing was a reaction to the close call, not Perry the wrestler/person...

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I think people were booing the call itself, not Perry. But then Perry did a "reverse Askren" after the match by blowing kisses to the Missouri crowd. Askren did a similar thing after beating Ludke in the semis last year to the Iowa crowd.

Either way, the booing was a reaction to the close call, not Perry the wrestler/person...
    I wasn't there, but it appeared to me also that the crowd was booing the call on the takedown, and the kisses were Perry's response. Didn't Askren call stalling on the Iowa coaches and Iowa fans after his match with Luedke last year? Maybe he blew kisses too, but I remember the stalling call.