Thread: 149 lb fantasy tournament

Default 149 lb fantasy tournament

Ok here's the deal... take all NCAA 149 champions (according to wrestlingstats.com). All of them are 1x champs at that weight. I haven't been following NCAA wrestling long, but from Esposito through to Caldwell they've been pretty dominant when they win. In an imaginary bracket set up as shown below who wins the whole thing?

But we don't just guess who we think is better... here are the rules for determining who wins each match-up.
    1: Head to head. The wrestler who won most head-to-head NCAA matchups wins.
    2: If tied, the wrestler who won the most head-to-head matchups on the Sr. Freestyle circuit wins.
    3: If tied, the wrestler who has the most NCAA top 3 finishes wins.
    3: If tied, the wrestler who has the highest finish at the World/Olympic team trials wins.

I'll leave this up for a day or two to see if people have any interest in providing stats and finding "winners" according to my rules. If no one's interested I'll take it down. Once the first round is done someone (or myself) can draw up a bracket for the 2nd round and so on.

Here's the bracket... (ie caldwell gets a bye first round, metcalf vs gillespie, and so on. Athletes were placed most to least recent and byes put in wherever convenient for me)

BYE vs
    Caldwell

Metcalf vs
    Gillespie

Schlatter vs
    Esposito

Janzen vs
    BYE

BYE vs
    Larkin

Lawrence vs
    Tirapelle

BYE vs
    Davis

BYE vs
    Williams

Default Re: 149 lb fantasy tournament

By that criteris, I think Schlatter takes it. Someone with the math confirm please?
    Lets go Brent!

anyone know specific head-to-head records for the athletes matched up? I think Schlatter is 2-0 vs Esposito but beyond that, no idea.

Going by my best guess based on criteria:

1st round: Caldwell over BYE; Metcalf over Gillespie (top 3 NCAA finishes); Schlatter over Esposito (head to head); Jantzen over BYE; Larkin over BYE; Tirapelle over Lawrence (top 3 NCAA finishes); Davis over BYE; Williams over BYE.

2nd round: Caldwell over Metcalf (head to head); Jantzen over Schlatter (top 3 NCAA finishes); Larkin over Tirapelle (highest OTT/WTT finish); TJ Williams over Tony Davis(top 3 NCAA finishes);

3rd round: Jantzen over Caldwell (top 3 NCAA finishes); Larkin over Williams (highest finish at WTT/OTT) I may be wrong on the last one.

Finals: Larkin vs. Jantzen

I'm not sure of any stats against one another, but I think this is who the finals will be.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Larkin has finished 3rd at the OTT's. I don't think Janzen has accomplished that. However, I'm not sure of head-to-head records. Larkin did win the 2008 Olympic trials match.

http://www.twnode2.com/opentournamen...=1&templateId=