Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Cael Sanderson to Penn State University

Default Re: Cael Sanderson to PSU

Wow I really can't believe this. It's not like ISU doesn't have a great program and history and isn't his alma mater. I am shocked. I wonder if David Taylor and Jamie Clark follow? I hope not...

WOW!!! I can't believe it. I know I haven't been here long and Wiltz appears to be a very trustworthy poster but I have a hard time believing this (maybe it's just shock) until I see a press release.

I can't imagine him leaving his brother AND his alma mater. WOW!!!

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Some of my buddies are gonna be pissed! Cant wait to call them with the "bad" news.
    Let us know how they take it, Herkey.

I've met many Clone fans who are very happy with Sanderson as a coach. I wonder what they'll say if this is true. This would not be good for the Clones, or for the Big 5.
    But PSU pulled the legendary Bill Koll out of Iowa in the 60s, and that didn't lead to a dynasty in Happy Valley back then. Sanderson may well be the greatest wrestler ever, but he's not been the greatest wrestling coach yet.
    Does he leave his brother at ISU to finish his senior year? Will Bobby Douglas come back as an interim coach? How much money would it take to get JRob, Brands, Ryan, or Borelli to jump ship?
    What a circus.

Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I can't imagine Brands leaving Iowa for ISU (though I couldn't imagine Cael leaving either) for any amount of money. I imagine that Iowa would match just about whatever ISU offered to keep from losing their coach to their cross state rivals.

Like Mark said, seismic. This is absolutely wild.

Cael flipping to Penn State changes things up like crazy. Be very interesting to see who they replace Cael with and to see what David Taylor and Jamie Clark do.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Like Mark said, seismic. This is absolutely wild.

Cael flipping to Penn State changes things up like crazy. Be very interesting to see who they replace Cael with and to see what David Taylor and Jamie Clark do.
    I'm more interested in what Jake Varner and Dave Zabriskie do, as well as Jon Reader, Cyler Sanderson, and Nick Gallick. This could get ugly for ISU.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I'm more interested in what Jake Varner and Dave Zabriskie do, as well as Jon Reader, Cyler Sanderson, and Nick Gallick. This could get ugly for ISU.
    What are the rules for that? Can they transfer with their coach? Or do they have to sit?

I don't know that any and/or all will transfer but that would make it VERY interesting next year.

ask metcalf, leclere, and borshel what the rules are for that.