Thread: Leroy Vega named Head Coach at Calumet

Default Leroy Vega named Head Coach at Calumet

Former Indiana high school champion and University of Minnesota All-American Leroy Vega has been named wrestling coach at Calumet College.
    It's the first college head coaching job for the 30-year-old Vega, who was an assistant at Minnesota for two years and then ran his own wrestling club in his hometown of Portage, Ind.
    Vega was an undefeated state high school champion at 103 pounds in 1996 and at 112 pounds in 1997, compiling a combined 96-0 record over those two seasons. He was a captain on two NCAA champion teams at Minnesota.
    Calumet is an NAIA Division II school of about 1,200 students.

Default Re: Leroy Vega named Head Coach at Calumet

Good for Mr. Vega!

Its even better for the sport that they are starting another wrestling program instead of axing one.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Glad to hear there are more good wrestling options so close to my city.