Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Cliff Keen National Duals Predictions/Results/Discussion

Default Re: 2008 Cliff Keen National Duals Predictions/Results/Discussion

I dont see perry getting the fall either, saf is too game for that to happen. I do think its likely he picks up the major, especially if saf wrestles agressively (which he tends to do). That low shot of his is terrible against perry because its puts him in a scramble situation which is NOT where you want to be against mark. Someone with a good freight train double that perry cant funk would have a lot more success against him.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Perry got that major with a last second reversal, and then tacking on riding time if I recall correctly as well.

Saf was over matched, but definitely hung tough with him.
    And that is exactly my point. It was barely a major and I don't believe Perry is going to pin either of them. Perry is a heck of a wrestler and is clearly superior but I don't see much chance of a TF/Pin no matter which guy wrestles and I actually am pulling for Saf to start.
    The NCAA selection committee just screwed the Gophers on seeding.

4 is the most I think Iowa gets at 165.

Minnesota v. Iowa
    125: Ness mdec Falck 4-0 Minnesota
    133: Reiter dec Slaton 7-0 Minnesota
    141: Rivera dec Leclere 10-0 Minnesota
    149: Metcalf DEC Schlatter 10-3 Minnesota
    157: Schlatter DEC Morningstar 13-3 Minnesota
    165: Perry mdec Glasser/Saf 13-7 Minnesota
    174: Borschel dec Dretsch 13-10 Minnesota
    184: Kish mdec Keddy 17-10 Minnesota
    197: Beatty dec Bronson 17-13 Minnesota
    285: Fields dec Nord/Berhow 17-16 Minnesota

I went back and watched tape on alot of these guys from some recent matches...these predictions were based on who was HOT last weekend and I also tried to factor in experience in big college duals.

If it comes anywhere near this dual, we will have one for the ages...I hope Nord/Berhow are up for the type of pressure that this match could come down to.

133,149 and 197 are the keys to this match.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Interesting....

I'll agree that I'm going out on a limb with Perry by FALL, but he is a winner of the gregorrian (sp?) and he did pin 4 at midlands. Its not out of his element to catch a fall.

Its easier to pin a good guy than beat him.

Also, I think we see a new Perry after that Okie embarassment. I'll stick to my guns and say Perry by Fall. Even if its Perry by major, I still have Iowa by 1.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Anyone else think there is going to be one "wow" during this match though? as in "wow, i didn't see that one happening"!!!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I think its very likely, really theres so many different ways this could end up... someones going to lose that wasnt supposed to and the score is going to be different then any of us are showing, maybe it'll be perry maybe it'll be fields maybe it'll be ness who knows.

Iowa looks like they have a very good chance of making it into the finals with PSU and NE on our side of the bracket, I gotta say the bottom half is a heck of a lot tougher then the top...

CMU
    PSU
    MN
    NE

four of the top 6 teams right there

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Anyone else think there is going to be one "wow" during this match though? as in "wow, i didn't see that one happening"!!!
    CP would have to be involved in that.
    I'm not saying M* is going to win, but you never know what your going to get with CP. I also see 33 for Iowa winning and 41 going either way.

Possible great match 1st round of D2's with a repeat of last years 165 National finals, Hunter (Chadron St) v. Pickar (Mankato).