Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank Ryan Lang at 149

Default Rank Ryan Lang at 149

it appears that Lang will wrestle at 149 this season, atleast in most of the dual meets. How do you guys think he will fair at 149? i am a casual wrestling fan and i have never paid much attention to the 149 weight class because northwestern hasnt been competitive at that weight class in long time.

would Lang be your number 1 at 149?

Default Re: Rank Ryan Lang at 149

Quote Originally Posted by NUwildcats View Post
    would Lang be your number 1 at 149?
    No. The "evil boring staller" has clearly established himself as the #1 at 149.

If you're talking about where to rank him to start off with him moving up and having not wrestled a match this year. I'd probably put him around 5-7'ish to start off.

If you're asking where I think he'll finish should he wind up at 149, top 4.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    No. The "evil boring staller" has clearly established himself as the #1 at 149.

If you're talking about where to rank him to start off with him moving up and having not wrestled a match this year. I'd probably put him around 5-7'ish to start off.

If you're asking where I think he'll finish should he wind up at 149, top 4.
    after taking a look at our line up, i think he would wrestle half of the dual meets at 141 and the other half at 149. he'll probably wrestle at 141 when we go against teams with a 149 pounder thats ranked in the top10.

NU is making the move because all our current 149 pounders are weak, they'll get teched or pinned in every match but the back up @ 141 is somewhat respectable. so rather than take a chance with lang losing against a top10 opponent at 149, he'll probably go back to 141 where he'll almost always win.

it would be fun to see his wild scrambling style against schlatter.

I'd actually heard that was what they were going to do with him. Start him out at 149, so he doesn't have to suck big weight down to 141 all year. Couple that with the fact that according to you it strengthens their team, and it should be win win for a while.

Lang is another guy who I think would actually try and win against Dustin, so I'd definitely love to see it as well.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I don't think he could be ranked higher than 9 to start with. I think everyone in the top 8 would beat him, including Palmer at #8. 149 is by far the deepest weight class.

Lang's match versus Moore last year in the finals was completely surreal...I couldn't believe what I was watching...that being said I can't imagine a time when Dustin Schlatter would ever be tech'd much less lose to a kid who had been tech'd. I can't see Lang putting Dustin in any trouble.

I think Lang was sucking big time weight last year and it finally caught up with him. Lets not take anything away from Moore either. He crushed him.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Hard to tell some guys move up and do great others move up and don't fare as well. Most times they seem to do better and Lang is talented so I say top 8 now and probably top 6 in March.

Lang moving to 149 makes me feel better about Manny's ability to AA. Lang had a style that I don't think Manny matched up with very well. That helps two fold as Manny also wouldn't see him at Big Tens.

I am not saying it will happen but Manny has a shot at a high Big Ten finish this year and that could certainly help his seeding at nationals.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

I don't think Lang will even All American at 149. He will be at 141 by the end of the season.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.