Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rank Ryan Lang at 149

Default Re: Rank Ryan Lang at 149

Heard the same, original plan was to have Lang start at 149, then drop to 141 around Midlands timeframe. Will see if that thought process has changed.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    No. The "evil boring staller" has clearly established himself as the #1 at 149.

If you're talking about where to rank him to start off with him moving up and having not wrestled a match this year. I'd probably put him around 5-7'ish to start off.

If you're asking where I think he'll finish should he wind up at 149, top 4.
    Dustin's gotta be the favorite this year, but between Caldwell. Metcalf, Jenkins, O'Connor, and now Lang, he'll be neither boring nor stalling this year. 149 is loaded.

So which is it, the E.B.S., or the GOLDEN Gopher? I say he'll be in the top three when the Dust(in) settles, and that's a big hedge.

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    he'll be neither boring nor stalling this year.
    I didn't think he was boring, or a staller last year. Most stallers don't average ten points per match over a ninety match career like Dustin has done so far.

Being JUST, a little sarcastic with the E.B.S. label.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by gregghenry View Post
    Heard the same, original plan was to have Lang start at 149, then drop to 141 around Midlands timeframe. Will see if that thought process has changed.
    Gregg, you are right. Lang will be at 149 through Midlands and then decide which weight to go from there. He does make the dual team stronger with him being at 149. I personally think he would be a high AA at 149, but he is the favorite at 141. We will find out sometime around the new year which weight he will go.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Being JUST, a little sarcastic with the E.B.S. label.
    Yeah, I got that. Other folks are just as sarcastic with the "Golden" stuff. Dustin's freshman year was just electrifying. (he and Conrad caused me to lose my voice in Cedar Falls two years ago...) Since then he's been consistently tough, but maybe we were really spoiled by that freshman year. Most true freshman just don't wrestle like that.
    Last edited by grapplefan; 12-12-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    I don't think Lang will even All American at 149. He will be at 141 by the end of the season.
    Ditto...........