Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 28 to 36 of 36

Thread: Watch closely...

  1. #28

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Quote Originally Posted by gobott View Post
    I think it stinks. Can't they appeal it so that he can wrestle this week then serve the suppension after the ISU meet. When did Kerr beat Reader?
    You can't bend the system like that. He broke the rules, he should serve his suspension.

    He beat him in freestyle, not folk.

  2. #29

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    I know...you're right.

    I think I'm getting psyched out by a co-worker who slapped down a 20 spot on my desk and said 'With or w/o Perry....Iowa wins'.

    I didn't take the bet!

    Quote Originally Posted by OGGoldy View Post
    Rankings need to be taken lightly at this early point in the season. If you went off of last weeks rankings, Minnesota should have won 6 matches against ISU, not the other way around.

  3. #30

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
    I know...you're right.

    I think I'm getting psyched out by a co-worker who slapped down a 20 spot on my desk and said 'With or w/o Perry....Iowa wins'.

    I didn't take the bet!
    I would have taken it. Iowa State should win with or without Perry. Without Perry, it would be very very hard for Iowa to win.

  4. #31

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    I just took this post @ face value. Forums rules wouldn't let me post the link, but the title of the subject was: So what's gonna happen...

    No. 4 Iowa will likely use freshman Jake Kerr in place of Perry against sixth-ranked Iowa State freshman Jon Reader. Kerr dropped a decision against Reader last season in the championship match of the Glen Brand Open, but Kerr defeated Reader in a freestyle meeting later in the spring at the FILA Junior freestyle championships in Las Vegas.

    I think Reader will win in a collegiate match, but it could still be an interesting match.

    Quote Originally Posted by gobott View Post
    I think it stinks. Can't they appeal it so that he can wrestle this week then serve the suppension after the ISU meet. When did Kerr beat Reader?

  5. #32

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
    I just took this post @ face value. Forums rules wouldn't let me post the link, but the title of the subject was: So what's gonna happen...

    No. 4 Iowa will likely use freshman Jake Kerr in place of Perry against sixth-ranked Iowa State freshman Jon Reader. Kerr dropped a decision against Reader last season in the championship match of the Glen Brand Open, but Kerr defeated Reader in a freestyle meeting later in the spring at the FILA Junior freestyle championships in Las Vegas.

    I think Reader will win in a collegiate match, but it could still be an interesting match.
    I watched Reader last weekend in person. He is on a different level than Glasser. And I see Glasser as one of the up-and-coming wrestlers. He beat out an older guy who went to the NCAAs, and was ranked pretty high last year. I see Reader as making some big waves this year. A jv wrestler probably won't have much chance against him.

  6. #33

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Excellent -- that's good to hear. I didn't see the MN dual, but Reader does look ripped. In a way, I'm disappointed that we couldn't see him against Perry.

    Maybe I should take that $20 bet from my co-worker. He's always betting somebody on some game.

    Quote Originally Posted by OGGoldy View Post
    I watched Reader last weekend in person. He is on a different level than Glasser. And I see Glasser as one of the up-and-coming wrestlers. He beat out an older guy who went to the NCAAs, and was ranked pretty high last year. I see Reader as making some big waves this year. A jv wrestler probably won't have much chance against him.

  7. #34
    Olympic Champ ISU2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,305

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
    Maybe I should take that $20 bet from my co-worker. He's always betting somebody on some game.
    Your co-worker wouldn't happen to be goferphan would it?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

  8. #35

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Nope!! Interestingly enough, where I work -- there are 4 types of fans:

    1. Iowa
    2. Iowa State
    3. Nebraska
    4. Notre Dame (despite the horrible year)

    I've never seen so many NE fans in Iowa. Heck, they almost out number Cyclones.

    Off to get some Zantac and Tums as I await the Sunday battle!

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    Your co-worker wouldn't happen to be goferphan would it?
    Last edited by Cyclone85; 12-05-2007 at 04:50 PM.

  9. #36

    Default Re: Watch closely...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
    Nope!! Interestingly enough, where I work -- there are 4 types of fans:

    1. Iowa
    2. Iowa State
    3. Nebraska
    4. Notre Dame (despite the horrible year)

    I've never seen so many NE fans in Iowa. Heck, they almost out number Cyclones.

    Off to get some Zantac and Tums as I await the Sunday battle!
    Well, depending on how the dual tomorrow goes, your Husker coworkers will either be boastful or down. I hope for the latter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •