View Poll Results: Brandon Browne v. Gabe Dretsch: Who wins?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Browne

13 44.83%
  • Gabe Dretsch

17 58.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota vs. Nebraska Predictions/Results

Default Re: Minnesota vs. Nebraska Predictions/Results

I think you have the wrong guy at 133, Kenny Jordan is now the #1 guy and he just won in Vegas. According to one NE guy he is one mean sob so I would give him the match

125 Donahoe d. Ness (0-3) - don't show up late and miss this one.
    133 Baier d. Reiter (0-6) - Reiter's conditioning is suspect at this point.
    141 Rivera md Sanders (4-6) - Manny turns the tide.
    149 Dustin d Burroughs (7-6) - look for Dustin to score 9 points but come up short of a major dec.
    157 Oliver d CP (7-9)
    165 Dwyer d. Glasser (7-12)
    174 Dretsch d. Browne (10-12)
    184 Kish d Jones (13-12)
    197 Bronson d Brester (13-15)
    Hwt May d Berhow/Nord (13-18)

After the way MN wrestled against ISU, I giving the toss up matches to NE, but if Ness and Reiter win to start things rolling it could end up 21-7 Minnesota.

If all the Nebraska guys show, these are my picks.
    25-Ness-WBD-3-0
    33-Jordan-WBD-3-3
    41-Manny-WBM-7-3
    49-DS-WBD-10-3
    57-Oliver-WBD-10-6
    65-Glasser-WBD-13-6
    74-Browne-WBD-13-9
    84-Kish-WBD-16-9
    97-Neb?-WBD-16-12
    HWT-May-WBD-16-15 Minnesota

Bonus points more than likely will show up in more than one match, but just can't pick?

Jensen looks like Gage is taking some of your responsibilities away?
    Holy... a poll and all! Funny stuff, get to the office and pull up TWT and ol' Gage has these threads going.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Why is everyone picking Baier to be in the lineup? Kenny Jordan did just win Vegas.....
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

125 Donahoe Dec
    133 Jordan DEC
    141 Rivera DEC
    149 Schlatter DEC
    157 Schlatter DEC
    165 Dwyer DEC
    174 Browne DEC
    184 Kish DEC
    197 Brester DEC
    HWT May DEC

Nebraska 18-12
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

hey guys

125-Donahoe Dec 3-0
    133-Jordan Dec 6-0
    141-Rivera Dec 6-3
    149-Schlatter Dec 6-6
    157-Oliver Dec 9-6
    165-Glasser Dec 9-9
    174-Browne Dec 12-9
    184-Kish Dec 12-12
    197-Nebraska Dec 15-12
    Hwt-May Dec 18-12
    Nebraska Going For The Upset!!!!!
    18-12 Nebraska.
    Last edited by GAGE; 12-04-2007 at 07:35 PM.

125: Ness dec Donahoe 3-0 Minnesota (I'm well aware this could be seen as biased, Donahoe is still the defending champion, and he did get the last one. But Ness is still 2-1 in the matches the two have had thus far, I like things to lets say "get back to normal" with this match up)

133: Jordan dec Reiter 3-3 (Hope I'm wrong here, but since I gave one of these lower weight toss ups to Minnesota I'll toss this one over to the Huskers. Jordan was impressive in winning Vegas this past weekend despite not hitting either of the really big dogs. Mack needs to get his wind right.)

141: Rivera dec Sanders 6-3 Minnesota (I've never seen Sanders, but if Manny gets it going early here we could see some bonuses I think)

149: Schlatter dec Burroughs 9-3 Minnesota (Burroughs absolutely gave Dustin fits last year in their two meetings. I don't think Dustin blows him away, but I don't think its going to come down to one point either. Maybe 7-3)

157: Schlatter dec Oliver 12-3 Minnesota (Until losing to Cyler, CP had been on fire all year this year. Oliver is a guy that is big and strong enough to hang with CP in the ties, but (and I think this will become a common saying this year) if CP works his underhook on the feet I don't think Oliver can beat him

165: Glasser dec Dwyer 15-3 Minnesota (Two tough young guys. Dwyer got him in the rematch at UNO, I think Glasser gets the home crowd behind him and gets him here)

174: Browne dec Dretsch 15-6 Minnesota (These two kind of have a similar relationship to Dretsch and Mason, or maybe I'm crazy. Regardless, its probably Browne's turn here. Love to see a big win from Dretsch though, and on paper I think he's actually favored)

184: Kish dec Jones 18-6 Minnesota (I like Jones a lot, but in the bit I've seen of him he seems to be the type of guy that Kish just eats up. Kish's struggles with guys the last few years have come with guys who are just absolute beasts like Herbert, or guys that out horse him like Varner is doing now. I like him to fire up the offense and get a nice solid win over Jones. Jones is very dangerous though, so if he hits a big move things could be different)

197: Brester maj Bronson 18-10 Minnesota (Brester is a tough dude, one of the more underrated guys in the country in my opinion. He put it to Malamura last year in the dual, and I think he does the same to Bronson here)

285: May dec Berhow 18-13 Minnesota (May is a solid heavy, but if Zabriskie couldn't put bonuses on Berhow I don't see May doing so either)
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12