Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tOSU vs Missour Dual

Default tOSU vs Missour Dual

This is the biggest dual of the week. A couple of interesting/big match-ups are:

125 Tomasello vs Waters
    197 Snyder vs Cox

How do you see those matches going?

A big question is whether H Stieber and B Jordan are ready. If not, it could be a challenge for tOSU. Any word whether those 2 will be back in the line-up?

If H Stieber is back another great match-up would be he and Houdashelt!

Default Re: tOSU vs Missour Dual

As far as I know, they are both still out. Someone was saying that Missouri might move Cox up to hvy just for the dual. I don't know where he heard that though.

I'm actually going to try and get to that one. If all goes well, I'll see it live.

If Missouri moves Cox up, is that to avoid meeting Snyder too many times this year? I'm not sure how it helps the team. Missouri has a decent Hwt (Mellon?) and with Cox at 197 they have a decent shot at taking both weights. Moving Cox up pretty much guarantees a split.

From what I've read, the Missouri hvy isn't eligible until the second semester. I don't know how true that is, but if it is true it makes for an interesting decision. If the match starts at 125 and is close when 197 comes up then it will be interesting.

Assuming Cox goes 197, I think Missouri wins 149, 184 and 197. I think 133, 157 and 165 could go either way, but I'll take the Buckeyes.

I honestly doubt I will ever pick against Tomasello. I developed a wrestling crush on him after watching him a dozen times in high school. It has been furthered this year. I think he will beat Waters soundly.
    Last edited by quinn14; 12-11-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    From what I've read, the Missouri hvy isn't eligible until the second semester. I don't know how true that is, but if it is true it makes for an interesting decision. If the match starts at 125 and is close when 197 comes up then it will be interesting.

Assuming Cox goes 197, I think Missouri wins 149, 184 and 197. I think 133, 157 and 165 could go either way, but I'll take the Buckeyes.

I honestly doubt I will ever pick against Tomasello. I developed a wrestling crush on him after watching him a dozen times in high school. It has been furthered this year. I think he will beat Waters soundly.
    Before I got to the end of your post, I was wondering "Where is Tomasello vs Waters"? It wasn't even listed as a bout that could go either way! But then I read the end of your post with explanation. I've seen Tomasello a few times this year and I'm quite impressed too. He's a good one. But, I think you have a bit of Scarlet-tinted lenses to think it's not at least a bout that could go either way. Tomasello looks very good, but since he's so young, he makes mistakes that more experienced guys sometimes benefit from. Personally I think Waters wins this one, but if they meet again at the NCAA's I would probably pick Tomasello.

The match probably could go either way but I can't bring myself to imagine him losing it. And yes, my glasses do have a scarlet tint to them. Wait til No comes back. I like him even more than Tomasello.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    The match probably could go either way but I can't bring myself to imagine him losing it. And yes, my glasses do have a scarlet tint to them. Wait til No comes back. I like him even more than Tomasello.
    I assume "No" is Bo. I haven't yet seem him wrestle but all have heard sounds quite superlative. If Taylor were here this year, do you think he'd beat DT? (I want to see just how scarlet-tinted your glasses are).

PSU has a young guy that has some similarity to Tomasello (and maybe Bo--haven't seen him wrestle to know). It's Jason Nolf. He is super aggressive; non-stopping shooting for 7 minutes. At times he can get a bit reckless, but he's going to be really good. If he moves up next year to 165, maybe we could see a Nolf-Jordan match-up. It would certainly be entertaining. Fans describe Nolf as a mixture of Taylor and Brown (he has heavy hands, but also very slick).

Back to Missouri vs tOSU, I hope Cox stays at 197. I'd like to see him and Snyder go at it. I think Cox's college experience wins out at this point, but who knows. Snyder is taking a few college lumps (like Cox did last year) but he's a good one!

I pick Tomasello and Cox. I really hope Cox stays at 197, because it seems like all too often there is an excuse for these big matches not to happen. I have never been super high on Waters. He gained a lot of hype after he beat a one armed McDonough and didn't wrestle anyone else the rest of the year

1stplace--I agree that Waters is a bit overhyped--he was undefeated going in to his last NCAA's, but he didn't really deserve to be #1 seed. That said, I think we can all agree that Nico is pretty darn tough. Nico only beat him that year in the semis by TB2 on riding time advantage. Well, we'll find out this weekend. 1stplace--I'm sure you're hungry to see Iowa in some tough competition. Midlands is coming. . .