Thread: The PAC 10 this season at 125 lbs.

Women The PAC 10 this season at 125 lbs.

It appears that the following will be what the PAC 10 will look like this season at 125 lbs:

ARIZONA STATE - Anthony Robles - Redshirted Freshman - Currently ranked # 19 in the nation at 125 lbs by INTERMAT and # 16 in the nation by both W.I.N. MAGAZINE and AMATEUR WRESTLING NEWS

BOISE STATE - Alan Bartelli - True Freshman

CAL POLY - Boris Novachkov - True Freshman

CS BAKERSFIELD - Brandon Zoetewey - Junior - Placed 5th at 2007 PAC 10 tournament

CS FULLERTON - Sean Roman-Marin - True Freshman

OREGON STATE - Jake Gonzales - Junior

PORTLAND STATE - Nobody

STANFORD - Tanner Gardner - Senior - 2 time PAC 10 champion - Currently ranked # 4 in the nation at 125 lbs by W.I.N. MAGAZINE and AMATEUR WRESTLING NEWS and INTERMAT

UC DAVIS - Marcos Orozco - Senior - Placed 3rd at 2007 PAC 10 tournament - Ranked # 17 in the nation at 125 lbs by W.I.N. MAGAZINE

UNIVERSITY OF OREGON - Beau Malia - Junior (Currently injured)

That's a pretty solid group IMO. How would you rank these ten competitors? I would have to rank them as follows:

# 1. Tanner Gardner - Stanford (Senior)
    # 2. Anthony Robles - Arizona State (RS Freshman)
    # 3. Marcos Orozco - UC Davis (Senior)
    # 4. Brandon Zoetewey - CS Bakersfield (Junior)
    # 5. Boris Novachkov - Cal Poly (True Freshman)
    # 6. Alan Bartelli - Boise State (True Freshman)
    # 7. Jake Gonzales - Oregon State (Junior)
    # 8. Beau Malia - University of Oregon (Junior)
    # 9. Sean Roman-Marin - CS Fullerton (True Freshman
    # 10. Portland State

Agree or disagree?

Default Re: The PAC 10 this season at 125 lbs.

i actually don't think thats a very strong group at all and that Tanner Gardner is going to have very little problem going undefeated in that conference this year...

i don't have much info on any of these guys but no one below Gardner would be in the Top eight in the Big Ten.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    i actually don't think thats a very strong group at all and that Tanner Gardner is going to have very little problem going undefeated in that conference this year...

i don't have much info on any of these guys but no one below Gardner would be in the Top eight in the Big Ten.
    Well.........I guess it's a good thing that NONE OF THEM ARE IN THE BIG Ten...........jeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

You are right about one thing tho......you don't know much about these guys. I can agree with you on that.
    Last edited by Near Fall; 11-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Bronco, those rankings look good to me. We all know that rankings don't matter too much at this point in the season though. Welcome to the forum.
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by homerdindon View Post
    Bronco, those rankings look good to me. We all know that rankings don't matter too much at this point in the season though. Welcome to the forum.
    Agreed..........but they are fun to discuss.......sometimes.

Yeah......these guys must not be very good from the PAC 10....after all only THREE of the 12 guys remaining in contention at Vegas are from the PAC 10 and Boris Novachkov (a TRUE freshman for Cal Poly this season) gave the # 1 guy in the nation all he could handle.....yep they sure aren't very good (according to the Gopherboy).

"and you can call me goferphan or gofer, I am quite sure I have earned it"

tournaments are different than duals...Big Ten isn't even really represented in this tourney so don't take it for more than its worth...

You don't have Penn State, Minny, Okie State, ISU, Iowa, Northwestern etc here who most certainly would have representatives at that weight performing well...you have four of the 11 Big Ten teams there...

That being said, Boris Novachkov is going to get on my fantasy wrestling team as soon as Jensens allows it...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Think again gofer I am going to find a way to get him first.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!