Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance Marstellar - OkSt

Default Chance Marstellar - OkSt

Anyone know what John Smith plans to do with Chance Marstellar this year? I have not seen much buzz about him this summer. I know he was battling some injuries last season in high school and had that injury internationally. I think he projects somewhere in the 165/174 range. Dieringer is up at 165 this year and is only a Jr. So if Smith RS's Chance this year (my guess), does he go 174 next year? Looking forward to seeing Marstellar and Bo Nikal from PSU duke it out over the next few seasons. Just hope Chance stays healthy.

Default Re: Chance Marstellar - OkSt

I have no inside word, but it sure sounds like Dieringer is going at 165. That means Chance would have to go at either 157 or 174. I've seen some speculation that he will cut to 157, but don't know how speculative that is. The way Smith likes to get his wrestlers to pull weight, it wouldn't surprise me, at least for Chance's FR season that he goes down to 157.

OkSt would be solid thru the middle with Kindig at 149, Marstellar at 157 and Dieringer at 165.
    Chance spent much of his last year in HS at 170. 157 seems like a big cut.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't RS this year. I wonder how healthy he is after some of those injuries last season.

Did he do any international competition this past summer? What's his competition weight for that?

I didn't see much in the way of available video footage on Marstellar this past summer, in fact nothing, which makes me believe he wasn't wrestling much...but I don't know for sure. If he was in fact not very active over the summer, I would speculate that it was to try and get as healthy as possible for the upcoming season.

Saw that Marstellar won the Oklahoma City Tournament last weekend, wrestling at 157. Guess that answers my question about where he'll be this year. Now just want to know if Smith plans to RS him.

I think you'll see Chance in the lineup this year

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I think you'll see Chance in the lineup this year
    Me too! I don't think Chance is pulling all the way to 157 just to wrestle in open tournaments!

Looks like he struggled at wrestle-offs. Got beat by Blees and Koo.