Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CP says Nico Reshirts!

Default CP says Nico Reshirts!

So I have to say that after 5 years or so of reading and posting here, I finally got to see CP. It was fun to see one of the folks who I really enjoy reading posts from here. In his video (seems more like a video recorded pod cast) posted on Flo, he suggests Nico will redshirt.

I do think if he does, Jordan Conaway is a strong replacement. I'd pick him to place higher at 125 than 133 - everything I see and hear puts him at a true 125 competing up a class, and therefore undersized, at 133. I think he could finish 4-6 at 125.

While I'll try to find out, I don't have any real info on Nico's decision. Any other people want to throw their thoughts (or informed knowledge) out there?

Default Re: CP says Nico Reshirts!

Conway will do well but he is no Nico. I'm having trouble seeing PSU winning their 5th straight. Lots of questions in that lineup

Any news on PSU redshirts this year? Nico, Nolf, Nevills, Nikal, Retherford?

Nico--very likely RS
    Nolf--injured, definite RS
    Nevills--virtually certain RS
    Nichols--virtually certain RS
    Zain--the most uncertain of the group; speculative posts tend to favor he wrestles this year, but I don't think it's been decided

What's the scope of the injury to Nolf?

I think just like it behooves Nico to RS to avoid Delgado, a Retherford RS would allow him a chance to avoid Steiber and Port, giving him a better shot at a championship next year.

One logic would say that Zain is best off RSing this year, giving him at least a shot at a 3x NCAA champ. But I've heard that Zain would like another shot at Stieber. Zain isn't cocky, but he does have a lot of confidence and doesn't run from anyone. Don't know how it will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    One logic would say that Zain is best off RSing this year, giving him at least a shot at a 3x NCAA champ. But I've heard that Zain would like another shot at Stieber. Zain isn't cocky, but he does have a lot of confidence and doesn't run from anyone. Don't know how it will play out.
    Kinda like Taylor going after Dake. The fact that neither one ducked each other made wrestling better.

It's true that neither Dake nor Taylor ducked the other. But it is more accurate to say that Dake went after Taylor, in that he went up to Taylor's weight to take him on.

I would love to see Zain wrestle this year because it does add excitement to the sport. I would understand if he didn't, though. But my view is this, if it helps the team to redshirt, then he should. If its only a question of his personal titles, then he shouldn't. I like fearless wrestlers who put "challenge" above success. Like Dake and Taylor did.

But, I couldn't fault him if he decides he wants the best chance at 3 titles either.