View Poll Results: Which School Would You Pick?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iowa

13 17.33%
  • Iowa State

6 8.00%
  • Michigan

2 2.67%
  • Minnesota

7 9.33%
  • Ohio State

7 9.33%
  • Oklahoma State

3 4.00%
  • Another Big 5 (which one)

1 1.33%
  • Another Big Ten (which one)

6 8.00%
  • An Ivy (which one)

23 30.67%
  • Other (which one)

7 9.33%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You've Got a Dilemma, Which school would you pick?

Default Re: You've Got a Dilemma

Ahhhh yes, NU is definitely right up there with Cornell in terms of having the best of both worlds. I think I might like the scenery around Cornell a little better though. You couldn't go wrong with either, though. Michigan is sort of in that discussion, too.

Quote Originally Posted by NUwildcats View Post
    the choice is very easy...Northwestern. At NU, you get the best of both worlds, a rising big10 program and world class academics. Plus NU's financial aid rivals the ivies, one does not have to be an athlete to go to NU for free.
    This guy cracks me up. Can we make his avatar purple and white pom-pons?

purple and white pom-poms?

Sounds more like you'd prefer to see a shiner around the eye from pom pommelling.
    Last edited by RYou; 04-12-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Cornell.

Ivy League is... well Ivy League.

I'd go to Ohio State to work on my tan!!

I selected an Ivy. Wrestling is going to last 4 or 5 years. The career opportunities that come with a prestigious degree (regardless of the quality of education) are going to last a lifetime.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I am livid Penn State is not on this list. "Other big ten." BAH! Minnesota makes it not PSU, what a crock. Biased poll. Don't vote. One disappointing season and even my own father disrepects us.

GO LIONS.

-- Son of RYou.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

World Champ

A person can get a good education, or win a National title at many, many colleges and universities. This is about probabilities, not certainties, but given your scenario, I'd go to Harvard, depending on one's career plans, and if they can handle living in an urban East-Coast environment for 4 years. Somewhat better opportunities than those other Ivies with decent wrestling programs, or Stanford or Northwestern IMHO. Cambridge is a fabulous learning environment. The Harvard coach is talented, and also a very good man.
    I reluctantly agree with Richardson:
    "The career opportunities that come with a prestigious degree (regardless of the quality of education) are going to last a lifetime." Perceived value and real value are two different things.

Much of this speculation depends on just how much wrestling matters to you. If it THE most important thing in your life, and you plan to coach college wrestlers for a career, then go to Iowa. If you want to go to a place where wrestling really matters, that's where you go.
    Last edited by grapplefan; 04-12-2009 at 10:05 PM.

If I had to pick a school now I'd go with tOSU. Great partners out of HS, a great state to wrestle in, and a young coach who obviously has a solid head on his shoulders.