Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Way too early thoughts about line ups for next year.

Default Re: Way too early thoughts about line ups for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Top 8?
    That would be a disaster for that lineup!
    I know half those guys are new to the lineup, but the other 5 could all easily be top 4.
    I agree--I see Minny in the title picture with that line-up. All the top teams took big hits to graduation (Except Edinboro--but their ceiling is limited with too few AA possibilities). Iowa, Minny, PSU, OSU, tOSU should all be in the hunt.

Question goferphan--Is word out that Storley is going up to 184 and Pfarr moving down to 174? Interesting switch.

I'd be very surprised if that happened. Although Storley is a more solid 174 this year than he was last year one of his teammates still calls him McFatty.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Thats pretty funny, no it was just a total guess on my part regarding Pfarr and Storley.

I actually like Brancale/Kingsley at 125, hoping one of them grows in to the weight.
    Thorn definitely solidifies 133. Just watch this kid. So much fun to watch.

I was just being conservative on Gophers, if I came in and said they were gonna win it all I'd start a shyt storm
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Badgers will be looking something like this:

125 - Ryan Taylor
    133 - Jesse Thielke
    141 - Gabe Grahek
    149 - Ryan Lubeck
    157 - Zeke Jordan
    165 - Seth Liegel
    174 - Jake Stilling
    184 - Ricky Robertson
    197 - Timmy McCall
    HWT - Connor Medberry

The wild cards in the line up are Grahek, Liegel, and Stilling. Other guys could potentially be wrestle those weights as well. All redshirt freshmen, all could be good or not. The rest of the line up is good to great. 6 All Americans is not out of the question. Us Badgers are pretty excited about the years coming up. We'll also have incoming freshmen Johny Jiminez (125), Jens Lanz (133/141) and Ryan Christensen (184) who plan to redshirt, but who knows what could happen. All were studs in HS and 2 of them ranked in the top 50. DC

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Badgers will be looking something like this:

125 - Ryan Taylor
    133 - Jesse Thielke
    141 - Gabe Grahek
    149 - Ryan Lubeck
    157 - Zeke Jordan
    165 - Seth Liegel
    174 - Jake Stilling
    184 - Ricky Robertson
    197 - Timmy McCall
    HWT - Connor Medberry

The wild cards in the line up are Grahek, Liegel, and Stilling. Other guys could potentially be wrestle those weights as well. All redshirt freshmen, all could be good or not. The rest of the line up is good to great. 6 All Americans is not out of the question. Us Badgers are pretty excited about the years coming up. We'll also have incoming freshmen Johny Jiminez (125), Jens Lanz (133/141) and Ryan Christensen (184) who plan to redshirt, but who knows what could happen. All were studs in HS and 2 of them ranked in the top 50. DC
    DC - Who are you most excited about for next year? Who do you think has the best shot at finishing the highest in this line up? Ryan Taylor had a nice Big 10 tournament this year, but then he faded at NCAA's. Jordan certainly had a nice year as well.

I'd say, Jordan, Taylor, Medberry followed by Thielke, Robertson, Lubeck and McCall. I think Thielke could really explode on the seen this year wrestling at the correct weight and finally having a year to focus on folk style. He was really coming on at the end of the year. It was a shame he didn't qualify for nationals. Robertson is a stud, he could do great things his freshmen year. I think our weakest weights will be 141, 165, and 174 who will all be redshirt freshmen who did ok last year, but did not light the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by psu1992 View Post
    DC - Who are you most excited about for next year? Who do you think has the best shot at finishing the highest in this line up? Ryan Taylor had a nice Big 10 tournament this year, but then he faded at NCAA's. Jordan certainly had a nice year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigdmd View Post
    My sources now say the Lehigh lineup is going to look like this next season:
    125 - Parker (true frosh...D.Cruz to RS)
    133 - Beckman
    141 - R. Cruz
    149 - L. Gardner
    157 - M. Minotti
    165 - D. Milonas
    174 - M. Peppleman
    184 - N. Brown
    197 - E. Riddick
    HWT - M. Wessel

High hopes for Beckman (returning AA), Minotti (returning AA), Nathaniel Brown (coming off RS) and Riddick to all-American this coming year. I've heard Riddick is making the jump to 97.

Also so expecting big things from Randy Cruz coming off RS. Laike Gardner could be very good. Dylan Milonas is a blue-chip recruit from Blair Academy. And Marshall Peppleman is rumored to be transferring from Cornell...he was a 3-time PA State Champ (4-time finalist). Also think Wessel can make an impact if he can stay healthy.
    That looks about right.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Outside the top 5 would be a disappointment for Minny. They may be "down" but they'll be good. Thorn, Dardanes, Dardanes, Ness, Storley, Pfarr, Schiller Kroells. 8 good guys, 7 of them fairly proven. Thorn will be young, and maybe could use a RS, but he won't be a hole if he wrestles.

They don't have that big time pop, but they're solid.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think Brandon Kingsley will be the starter at 165 and could AA.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"