Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perry DQ

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Perry DQ

I heard he was losing 12-1 to Chris Brown of ODU and got DQ'ed for unsportsmans like conduct with :034 left in the match.

Can anyone confirm?
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Default Re: Perry DQ

Thats word on the street, LkwdSteve was there and he's basically confirmed it.

Some were saying it was for choke holds, but I think (stress think) that the DQ was for his protesting that he was being warned for them. It was strange to see the TDs and turns. It was like, is this the real Perry?

that must have been surreal...anyone think Iowa should have sent in a fresh wrestler at 165 for that match...its not unusual to see teams do that when they have four matches in one day...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

DQ was for swearing.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    that must have been surreal...anyone think Iowa should have sent in a fresh wrestler at 165 for that match...its not unusual to see teams do that when they have four matches in one day...
    I don't know why Kerr didn't make the trip. Perry's lungs have always been a little suspect especially early in the season. Not an excuse just a fact.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Anyone who saw Chris Brown wrestle last year knew he was going be tough this year... he was cutting way too much weight last year being at 157. He's very quick on his feet and very tough on top. Look for him to AA this year and to surprise some people.

You aren't really going out on a limb by saying any of this NOW.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I actually had a conversation with Dart last year after CAA Duals questioning how in the world Brown was cutting to 157 (and stating he would do much better at 165 next year). Nathan wrestled him 4 times last year and each bout got better as the year went on. I think Brown will really benefit from having Matt Storniolo in the room- they both have a slick style on their feet and ride very well.

Sorry if you think I'm just bringing this up now because he beat Perry- I don't chat too much about college wrestling anymore these days- once the season gets into full swing, I'm sure I'll make more observations BEFORE they happen.