Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pico, Marstellar & Snyder

Default Re: Pico, Marstellar & Snyder

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    I am very impressed with what I have seen from Jordan this year, and I think that he would come out on top in a match between the two, but do you think it would be as lopsided as you are indicating?

How about next year when Chance gets a year of John Smith tutelage under his belt?

Do you all think Chance would progress and be at a national contender level faster had he stayed with his commitment to PSU/Sanderson or do you think OkSt/Smith's style will suit him better?

What weight class would Pico figure into in college?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    I don't normally feel this way about your opinions, but I think you're insane if you believe Jordan will piss-pound Marstellar. I also don't agree that Marstellar wins by horsing people around, that's not typically the way he scores points at all. He looks like a stump-puller but that's not really his style.

It'll be interesting to see how he fares though, that's why we're all hard core fans.

VA doesn't actually believe Jordan would piss pound Marstellar, but he has clearly made his opinion known that he prefers Jordan. He has been all about Jordan and how his skills will translate to college for quite some time

i agree with vais and i am a coach on a high school team that is in chance's district and have seen him a lot and have not seen jordan much. i also know comparing different outcomes don't mean a whole lot but........... the weinroch kid from cannon mac who is now at pitt. took chance to ultimate ride out and since chance chose down in the second period got his choice in the ultimate ride out and did escape to win, but had weinroch won the coin flip and had the choice of down to start the second i am sure he would have gotten out again in the ultimate ride out. anyway, that match was completely even and then this year jordan trashed weinroch like 20-4. (not sure of exact score but it was embarrassing.)
    as far as chance vs. taylor puhleeeeeeze. also, chance is quick and talented but he does indeed bull rush his opponents of the whistle. on the flip side chance was ridden out the whole third period in the district finals this year but he was indeed injured and although hit for stalling 3 times was really just trying to survive with his back and was up like 16-3 before that injury.
    irregardless it's nice to see a lot of talent coming into the college ranks. wish pico would have as well

Wasn't Marstellar coming back from an injury when he wrestled Wiercioch? I remember him gassing and I thought it was his first tournament in a while.

You've seen more of him than I have, but in the matches I've seen of Marstellar versus high level competition he hasn't tried to bull rush his opponents. Maybe he does that when he completely overmatches the other guy, I don't know.

I agree, it'll be cool to see how all of this young talent does. I'd like to see Marstellar get a little more cut, and I think that will happen at Okie St.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Wasn't Marstellar coming back from an injury when he wrestled Wiercioch? I remember him gassing and I thought it was his first tournament in a while.

You've seen more of him than I have, but in the matches I've seen of Marstellar versus high level competition he hasn't tried to bull rush his opponents. Maybe he does that when he completely overmatches the other guy, I don't know.

I agree, it'll be cool to see how all of this young talent does. I'd like to see Marstellar get a little more cut, and I think that will happen at Okie St.
    I agree that he could lean out a bit. Where is Smith going to put him, 165 or 157? I think he is better suited at 157 myself, think he will get not necessarily out-horses but out-reached a bit at 165.

yeah chance was coming back from the elbow injury and this was the first or one of the first matches back and he did gas bad but even early on when fresh there was not the chance we're used to seeing. i was just solo surprised had easily wiercioch was handled by jordan. i don't know that bull rush is as good a term as super aggressive except against overmatched kids in the first few rounds. that's usually over within a minute. i had heard (and of course it's how many handed?) that chance wasn't even interested in staying at 65 in college. one of our kids went to puerto rico with him and the kid came back as said chance didn't have an easy time getting to his weight down there. now again this is high school kid talk and it was preseason etc. i heard cael wanted him at 65 and thus another bump in the road. who knows.

He's short and stumpy for 165, I agree with OFart that taller guys are going to give him problems. I'd like to see him at '57, but it's not like I have any idea what his body fat percentage is. He just doesn't seem to be as lean, maybe it's his skin tone that's throwing me off.

If he actually wants to go to 74 then I think he gets worked.