Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National Duals

Default National Duals

For those teams not partaking in non-conference events there is a big event taking place with a possible surprise winner.
    Cornell matches up extremely well with Minny and if they make the finals would be favored.

125) #1 Garrett major Kingsley (Brancale status unknown) 4-0
    133) #8 Thorn dec #15 Grey 4-3
    141) #4 Nevinger dec #6 Dardanes 7-3
    149) #4 Villalonga dec #5 Dardanes 10-3
    157) #6 Realbuto dec #9 Ness 13-3
    165) #10 Palacio dec Zberg 16-3
    174) #4 Storley maj whomever 16-7
    184) #2 Dean dec #5 Steinhaus 19-7
    197) #1 Schiller maj #17 Bennett 19-11
    hvy) ## Nelson pins whomever 19-17

Of course there will be upsets, but this is how it looks on paper. Undefeated Cornell will be crowned the best dual team in the land.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Default Re: National Duals

That would be a great dual!

I see 141, 149, and 157 as toss-ups. It also wouldn't surprise me if Steinhaus beats Dean. I'm not 100% sold on Dean quite yet - a raw talent for sure, but will he have all the skills he needs to make the finals at NCAAs this year? I think he'll certainly AA, but I don't think he's quite good enough to beat Ruth again.

Lots of toss up matches in that dual. Would be fun to watch IF IT WASNT ON A MONDAY AND I WASNT WORKING!!!! Last year they scheduled this thing during the Minnesota state tournament and now this year they schedule the finals for a Monday. I think they are actually looking for ways to not get people to watch this event.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    For those teams not partaking in non-conference events there is a big event taking place with a possible surprise winner.
    Cornell matches up extremely well with Minny and if they make the finals would be favored.

Of course there will be upsets, but this is how it looks on paper. Undefeated Cornell will be crowned the best dual team in the land.
    Is Mike Nevinger at #4 a joke on your part?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I will be surprised if Cornell and Minnesota don't meet up in the finals. I see more bouts that could go either way: 133, 141, 149, 157, 184. Jammen (a closet Cornell fan!) picks Cornell to win 4 of them. I think Minny will win at least 2 of them and win the dual. (And I'm not even counting that 165 isn't a lock for Cornell either IMO.)

141 should be interesting. Nevinger has had the best of the other Dardanes over the years. This year both C Dardanes and Nevinger have missed a good bit of action and not sure either is at 100%. Probably the guy closest to 100% will win.

TOM has him at #4

Nevinger is a strange kind of wrestler. You think that people shouldn't have much problem with him but he finds ways to win. Which Dardanes wrestled him previously? i remember Nevinger getting doubled pretty hard a couple of times, and thinking that he is in for an a$$ beating. Then he turns Dardanes 3 or 4 times in the third and wins the match. I agree #4 seems high for him right now but then again I wouldn't be surpised to see him place 4th come March.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post

Toss-ups abound. I think that Minnesota wins this dual based on their experience, a little older, a little more solid. Cornell has got some young excitable pups in the lineup that could provide unexpected results both positive and negative. It would be an interesting experiment to put Palacio down against Ness. That my friends would be a combustible mixture.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    TOM has him at #4
    oh...
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.