Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: National Duals

Default Re: National Duals

One of the posts above talks of scrambling being a way of stalling and penalizing the aggressor and hurting the sport. There are different kinds of scramblers. Some just go on the merry-go-round until someone ends up on top. But then you have the Ness kind of scrambler. The moves he pulled on DSJ and Alton were exciting to watch and I think most would say adds to the fun of watching the sport (although as a PSU fan I wasn't having a lot of fun when he pulled it on Alton--liked it much better on DSJ!)

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    One of the posts above talks of scrambling being a way of stalling and penalizing the aggressor and hurting the sport. There are different kinds of scramblers. Some just go on the merry-go-round until someone ends up on top. But then you have the Ness kind of scrambler. The moves he pulled on DSJ and Alton were exciting to watch and I think most would say adds to the fun of watching the sport (although as a PSU fan I wasn't having a lot of fun when he pulled it on Alton--liked it much better on DSJ!)
    When I think of a good scrambler I'm thinking a guy like DSJ. Counters the leg attack and gets the take down. I consider Ness a big move guy. The kind of wrestler that can put you on your back from just about any position.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpollo View Post
    When I think of a good scrambler I'm thinking a guy like DSJ. Counters the leg attack and gets the take down. I consider Ness a big move guy. The kind of wrestler that can put you on your back from just about any position.
    Somebody on one of the other sites said Ness reminded him a bit of Randy Lewis and I think that is a fair comparison. Both end matches very abruptly.

Pretty funny that the last three pages had nothing to do with National Duals. Ha ha...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Pretty funny that the last three pages had nothing to do with National Duals. Ha ha...
    What are the National Duals?

The tournament the Gophers dominate?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."