Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Mason and Jake Deichtler

Default Mario Mason and Jake Deichtler

In Gophersports.com it mentioned that Jake was the 157 lb'er of the future and Mason was the 149 lb'er of the future for the Gophers. Does that sound right to everyone and is that a given? I would have thought that Mason looked to me like he had the most potential to go up to that weight just looking at his build.

That being said who takes 157 next year for the Gophers? Does Safratowich go down and take that weight while Jake and Mario redshirt or do all three of them get a shot at it with the Mario or Jake redshirting if they don't win the weight?

Can Saf get to that weight again? The questions remain.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Mario Mason and Jake Deichtler

Since Saf is going to be a senior next year, and has shown himself to be quite capable, I assume J's ideal scenario will be to have Saf at 157, and allow Mason, and Deichtler to redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Since Saf is going to be a senior next year, and has shown himself to be quite capable, I assume J's ideal scenario will be to have Saf at 157, and allow Mason, and Deichtler to redshirt.
    thats what i was thinking as well...

Next Years Gophers
    125 Sanders
    133 Ness
    141 Thorn
    149 Dustin Schlatter
    157 Safratowich
    165 Glasser
    174 Sitch
    184 Yohn
    197 Eidensheink
    Hwt Nord/Berhow

Thats a young but pretty damn talented line-up...I like them not to win an NCAA Championship but I like how that line-up could then fill in the next year with.

125 Sanders
    133 Ness
    141 Thorn
    149 Mason
    157 Deichtler
    165 Glasser
    174 Sitch
    184 Yohn
    197 Eidenshienk
    Hwt Nord/Berhow/Disney

THAT is an NCAA competing team right there.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    thats what i was thinking as well...

Next Years Gophers
    125 Sanders
    133 Ness
    141 Thorn
    149 Dustin Schlatter
    157 Safratowich
    165 Glasser
    174 Sitch
    184 Yohn
    197 Eidensheink
    Hwt Nord/Berhow

Thats a young but pretty damn talented line-up...I like them not to win an NCAA Championship but I like how that line-up could then fill in the next year with.

125 Sanders
    133 Ness
    141 Thorn
    149 Mason
    157 Deichtler
    165 Glasser
    174 Sitch
    184 Yohn
    197 Eidenshienk
    Hwt Nord/Berhow/Disney

THAT is an NCAA competing team right there.
    although I like Eidenshienk, Geiger will be the guy in two years IMO, and little Yohn will be fighting for that 174 spot. That lineup does look pretty darn good.

i took both of those guys into consideration but after two and three years in the line-up, i think sitch and eidenshienk will hold there positions against the younger guys...your boys could certainly be in the mix though...

I agree I think Safratowich will be at 157 next year. As for the future I to see Geiger beating out Eidenschienk. I also think Mason will be 157 in two years and Dietchler will be at 149.

i am glad someone else thinks so...the weird thing is that the article came from the gophersports website so I was surprised to read it that they thought Deitchler was going 157 and Mason 149...I suppose whoever gets to the weight and can hold it will get it...

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    i am glad someone else thinks so...the weird thing is that the article came from the gophersports website so I was surprised to read it that they thought Deitchler was going 157 and Mason 149...I suppose whoever gets to the weight and can hold it will get it...
    Deitchler has a bigger frame than Mason. Mason does carry a little extra weight around the belly sometimes(view NHSCA Junior Nationals). Jake won't be a 149 lber. He will be at 157, and if he fills out could end up at 165. Jake will try to make 145.5 this spring for Senior Nationals(Vegas) and Junior Worlds, but that is a lot different with day before weigh-ins.

Deitchler is projected to grow a lot more then mason his father is enormous