Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rankings at 125

Default Rankings at 125

How would you guys rank the top 4 at 125 at this time? It's convoluted, but somehow it's hard for me to see Delgado at #4. Here are the Div 1 records heading into weekend:

Garrett 16-1 only loss to Delgado 6-2 Has beaten Nico twice
    Megaludis 18-2 both losses to Garrett 6-5, 6-4 Has beaten Gilman
    Gilman 12-2 losses 4-0 to Clark and 4-1 to Megaludis Has beaten Delgado
    Delgado 13-1 only loss to Gilman 3-1 Has beaten Garrett

With all of them beating each other, you could argue it in different ways. But, with Delgado being the reigning champ and having beaten #1 Garrett this year, and only having one loss, I would think he should be #1. I know it doesn't matter as they will work it out on the mat. In fact this Friday Megaludis and Delgado will wrestle. If Delgado wins then he should definitely be #1 in my book. If Nico wins, well . . .I guess there will be no change in the rankings.

Default Re: Rankings at 125

I would have it as Delgado is #1, Garrett is #2, Megaludis is #3 and Gilman is #4
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

As of now, I see it as a top 3 not a top 4. As for that top 3, it's Delgado, Garrett, Megaludis based primarily on head to head results. If Nico beats Delgado on Friday then Delgado drops to 3 since he has losses outside of the top 3 while Nico and Garrett don't.

#1 Garrett
    #2 Gilman
    #3 Delgado
    #4 Mega
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    I would have it as Delgado is #1, Garrett is #2, Megaludis is #3 and Gilman is #4
    What he said.

Gilman lost to Megaludis in his first B1G match, since then he's undefeated and beat the reigning champ who beat Garrett. I have to go Gilman, Delgado, Megaludis, Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Gilman lost to Megaludis in his first B1G match, since then he's undefeated and beat the reigning champ who beat Garrett. I have to go Gilman, Delgado, Megaludis, Garrett.
    Wow, DC--putting Gilman #1 is pretty bold! I grant he had a super Midlands with wins over Peters, Delgado and Garnett. But other than that, his results haven't been overwhelming. Since then he beat Eppert 2-0 (Nico beat him 15-4) and he beat Lambert 2-1 RT on Saturday. Being so new on the scene I agree with those who put him at 4. He's a great talent and may well prove he deserves to be higher. Just not sure that his body of work warrants #1 at this point.

Tom's got it right on the money. Gilman's breakout at Midlands gets him into top 4, but no more since he is squeaking by guys in most of his matches. No doubt he is tough, but he isn't dominating everyone and to be honest, he is #3 in his own room right now in the 125/133 weights so to put him #1 in the nation at 125 is questionable. Delgado seems to be one of the guys who figures it out more and more as the season progresses and I think despite his loss he is still the man. Garrett is a close #2 but having seen their match, it was speed on speed with the technical edge going to Delgado. He seemed to be able to penetrate on Garrett when he needed to, where Garrett just couldn't. Mega a solid #3 who seems a little outgunned by the top two guys but he beat Gilman at his own game with a 4-1 win. So then comes Gilman with his two losses but the nice Midlands.

Gilman has as much a claim to the top spot as the other three guys. That being said, I would predict the other 3 to all finish higher than him at nationals. It all depends on how you choose to justify your rankings.