Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project your team going forward based on what you've seen

Default Re: Project your team going forward based on what you've seen

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    125 They'll need either Brancale or Kingsley to step up at Big Tens or they won't qualify. Even if they do perform well at Big Tens....0-2 at NCAAs.
    133 Thorn is as good as any wrestler at this weight. But 6th place is a good guess. If he hits the consolation bracket early watch for him to gather bonus points for falls.
    141 C Dardanes is the best tough as nails and relentless. 4/5th place is likely.
    149 N Dardanes has started to put it all together, but in this weight, everyone has a shot. 1st-8th is possible. Let's say 4th.
    157 Ness will be healthy and ready to roll. Watch him abandon is throws and hit tons of low singles to carry him to 4th place.
    165 Zilverberg will R12.
    174 If Storley gets hot he can will it all, but so could Howe, Perry, or Brown. Look for Storley to place 3rd.
    184 Steinhaus will finally crash the finals. If someone can clip Ruth before that point.....Steinhaus might steal a championship. 2nd is most likely outcome.
    197 Schiller NCAA Champion!
    Hwt Nelson NCAA Champion!
    2 Champs, 3 finalists, 8 AAs. The team with the most bonus points will win the NCAAs this year.
    Your comment about the possibility of Thorn being in early consolations and racking up bonus points poses an interesting strategy. It's very possible that Thorn could score more points with a 1st round loss and getting a bunch of falls in the consys! Not saying they would do that, but I'm sure he would rack up quite a few bonus points there!

Last year Thorn faced #1 Alan Waters in the first round. Lost and got 3 or 4 falls in the consolation bracket. He out scored many higher placing guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    How much confidence do you have in Paddock? He has had some head scratching losses so far this year
    I am over 50% confident but not overwhelmingly so. I just know he has the talent. I want to think he will put it together for an AA finish.

Truthfully though, if I weren't a Buckeye fan I wouldn't predict it.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I am over 50% confident but not overwhelmingly so. I just know he has the talent. I want to think he will put it together for an AA finish.

Truthfully though, if I weren't a Buckeye fan I wouldn't predict it.
    You are right, he does have the talent. He has taken a few lumps in his career with injuries, then the emergence of H. Stieber, then his brother's accident which he took extended time off to deal with. From what I have heard from interviews Ryan, there are still some confidence issues, which I have to believe is true because this is a kid that in high school was a bad, bad dude who wrestled a bit on the mean side. I am aware that everyone at this level was/is a bad dude but I thought he would have more success at the next level. I was there for his state finals match with Dake (admittedly before Dake was Dake) and after getting taken down for the first score, a serious pissed-off fire immediately got lit under Paddock's ass and the match was never really in doubt after that. I haven't seen that same kind of fire from him at all throughout his college career but I gotta think that if he can rekindle it, he will do very well come March.

I wish Ian the best and hope he ends with a bang. Excited to get his brother in black and gold next year

I think Paddock was ranked as high as 10th as a sophomore.