Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FILA Juniors Finals Results

Default Re: FILA Juniors Finals Results

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    While winning Fila Jrs is no doubt a tremendous accomplishment, it doesn't portend great folkstyle success. Todd Schavrien won Fila Jrs a couple of years ago, and while he's been competive and ranked in the top 20, he was a far cry from AA this year. Just sayin'.
    Its not like guys like Oliver, Novachkov (he may be the one exception but after a redshirt year with Sammie the Bull I think we may see big things out of him), Mason, St. John, Meade, Blanton, Perry, Geiger, and Bradley aren't very very highly regarded and accomplished folkstylers already or anything...

Is perry expected to take a redshirt? i think he is ready this second to do extremely well.

I've read that Okie State has a foreign guy ready to step in at 97, and then they're going to bump Foster down to 84.

If they wind up going that direction then it seems like Perry would redshirt.

125: Chris Notte
    133: Jordan Oliver
    141: Jamal Parks
    149: Albert White/Luke Silver
    157: Neil Erisman
    165: Alex Meade
    174: Newly McSpadden
    184: Clayton Foster
    197: Foreign Guy (I think his name is like Gelocaev or something)
    285: Jared Rosholt

Thats not a bad looking crew for Smith to trot out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    While winning Fila Jrs is no doubt a tremendous accomplishment, it doesn't portend great folkstyle success. Todd Schavrien won Fila Jrs a couple of years ago, and while he's been competive and ranked in the top 20, he was a far cry from AA this year. Just sayin'.
    Obe Blanc was runner-up in the US Freestyle Sneiors and didn't AA this year.

I thought Oliver was cutting down to 125 for college?

Wrestled 133 all season this year, 20-1 as a redshirt.

I don't think Notte or Oliver can make 125, but I have zero inside knowledge about that.

Ain't McSpadden done? Could have sworn he wrestled Poeta as HS nationals or Dream Team when they both were seniors.

Yeah, he's done. Some reason I thought he was a junior this year.

I would assume what they're banking on with 125 next year is that as short as Notte is it'd be easier for him to get down there than Oliver.

Oliver just stepped on Long -33 will be even tougher next year with Oliver and Graff and if filip Novachov stays there .
    Foster was an animal at 197 last year -this kid coming in must be extraordinary . That is a hellacius line up .