Thread: Wow, Bad News For Devin Carter

Default Wow, Bad News For Devin Carter

Just read that Devin Carter tore his hamstring and is out for the season after starting 12-0. He suffered the injury in Las Vegas.

“Devin will have surgery next week to repair a torn hamstring,” said Tech head coach Kevin Dresser. “Devin is a leader and a role model for Virginia Tech wrestling. His presence will be greatly missed. I do feel confident in saying that he will work through this setback and be better than ever next season. We will monitor his recovery as we get this team ready for 2014 and eventually the postseason.”

Default Re: Wow, Bad News For Devin Carter

What a bummer for Carter, Va Tech and the 141-pound class! Carter's presence at 141 made it all that much more interesting. I know he's already had a RS year and still has another year of eligibility left. I wonder if they'll grant him a 6th year (and thus 2 more years of eligibility)?

I would think yes since he won't wrestle at all after Jan 1. I think I have heard that as a good guideline, but I'm not 100% sure.

What I am about to say is second hand knowledge. I have not verified any of this. But, I read someone else say that to qualify for a medical redshirt, you have to have wrestled less than 30% of you team's scheduled events. And he does not qualify.

I will let people who are better researchers verify that but that is what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    What I am about to say is second hand knowledge.
    Can you just make that your signature from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Can you just make that your signature from now on?
    I would but most of the time I just make stuff up. So I'm torn between the two.

Quinn, the awesomeness of your last two posts is unparalleled.