Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa vs PSU who ya got?!?

Default Iowa vs PSU who ya got?!?

125- I really really like Clark and think that this is going to be one hell of a match. That being said, Mega is awesome and I'll say he takes this one. PSU 3-0
    133- Ramos all day every day 4-3 Iowa
    141- I could see this going a bunch of different ways. Will Dziewa be able to escape? Will Dziewa get himself pinned while trying something sloppy on top? IMO, neither of these wrestlers have proven themselves yet. I'll take Retherford because I see him as a more fundamentally sounds wrestler that will be somewhat immune to Dziewa's funk. 6-4 PSU
    149- Not too high on any of the wrestlers taking the mat in this one. I'll give Kelly the benefit of the doubt at Carver 7-6 Iowa
    157- DSJ over whoever he wrestles 10-6 Iowa
    165- I think Moore decides that he has pride this time and holds it to a major (could easily be a tech or a fall). 10-10
    174- Evans has never lost a dual meet at Carver and I think he gets the win here. 13-10 Iowa
    184- Lofthouse will do as little as possible and keep it to a major 14-13 PSU
    197- I really really think that Burak is the better option here for Iowa. I think a ready to go Burak against Mcintosh would be Iowa's best chance but Burak still hasn't wrestled a match. I don't think Brooks is good enough on his feet to beat Mcintosh. I see this being something like an 8-3 decision for MM. 17-13 PSU
    285- Telford wins by decision 17-16 PSU

As far as matches that I am 90%+ positive on- 133, 165, 184, 285
    Matches that I feel less comfortable with but think there is a clear favorite- 125, 157, 197
    Not confident at all- 141, 149, 174

Should be a real fun meet and tell us a little more about both teams. Regardless of who wins here, the season is still decided in March

Default Re: Iowa vs PSU who ya got?!?

Firstplace--Even though I'm pulling for a different team, we have this pretty close to the same. If AA doesn't go at 149 (which I highly doubt he will) then I think Kelly beats English--but should be close. 174 is a toss-up, but I have to go with Brown on this one. Really 125, 141, 149, 174, 197 could all go either way. Last year there were 3 really close bouts: 125, 157, 174 and Iowa won all 3 at CHA. Here are my picks with a caveat:

125 Dec Nico 3-0 PSU
    133 Dec Ramos 3-3
    141 Dec Retherford 6-3 PSU
    149 Dec Kelly 6-6
    157 Dec DSJ 9-6 Iowa
    165 TF DT 11-9 PSU (DT is even more aggressive this year than ever)
    174 Dec Brown 14-9 PSU--This is really a toss-up but I'm going with the guy that won most recently)
    184 MD Ruth 18-9 PSU
    197 Dec Burak 18-12 PSU
    Hwt Dec Telford 18-15 PSU

I really think that MM has a good shot at 197, but PSU will lose at least one of 125, 141, 174, 197--so I picked it here (most likely either 174 or 197).

125 - Megaludis dec over Clark PSU 3-0
    133 - Ramos fall over Conaway/Gubilon Iowa 3 - 6
    141 - Retherford dec over Dziewa Team Tie 6 - 6
    149 - Alton/Beitz/English dec. over Kelly PSU 9 - 6
    157 - St. John dec. over Alton/Vollrath Team Tie 9 - 9
    165 - Taylor tech fall over Moore PSU 14 - 9
    174 - Brown dec. over Evans PSU 17 - 9
    184 - Ruth m dec. over Lofthouse PSU 21 - 9
    197 - Mcintosh dec over Burak/Brooks PSU 24 - 9
    285 - Telford dec over Lawson PSU 24 - 12

Where are the Iowa posters???? Herkey, I'm calling you out on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    149 - Alton/Beitz/English dec. over Kelly PSU 9 - 6
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Kelly.
    Last edited by BlueBloodLion; 12-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Where are the Iowa posters???? Herkey, I'm calling you out on this one!

I'll give a rundown. You PeeEssEwwers get too excited too early for us. When you're used to being in big matches you don't act like a school girl getting ready for her first date this early. I'll give a rundown of what will happen a little later in the week.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Not exactly raging support for Kelly.
    I think everyone "supports" Kelly. He just hasn't done a whole lot to deserve the benefit of the doubt yet. Hopefully that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I'll give a rundown. You PeeEssEwwers get too excited too early for us. When you're used to being in big matches you don't act like a school girl getting ready for her first date this early. I'll give a rundown of what will happen a little later in the week.
    Um, you did see who started this thread right? I believe 1st Place is a fan of that black and gold team.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    um, you did see who started this thread right? I believe 1st place is a fan of that black and gold team.
    lol