Thread: Some Very Interesting Las Vegas Results

Hybrid View

Default Some Very Interesting Las Vegas Results

DiJulius beats Colon. I would have never predicted that one.
    Devin Carter has medical forfeit. Anyone have any updates on what his injury was?
    Maple beats Sueflown, not a surprise.
    Grajales continues to underperform losing to Ian Paddock in the 5th and 6th place match.
    Howe only beats Kokesh by 1 point 3-2.

Oklahoma’s Travis Rutt only had to wrestle once on Saturday when his semifinal foe Nick Heflin medically forfeited that bout. That victory put Rutt in the championship where the Sooner defeated American’s Dan Mitchell, 6-4.Mitchell advance to the final when he earned a stunning 4-2 victory over No. 1 seed Taylor Meeks of Oregon State.
    Meeks settled for fourth place when he medically forfeited the consolation final to Boise State’s Cody Dixon, who came back to win seven wrestlebacks after losing a first-round match to Derek Thomas of Utah Valley. Dixon’s final two wins came via a medical forfeit as Ohio State’s Nick Heflin did not compete in the wrestlebacks.

Default Re: Some Very Interesting Las Vegas Results

184 and 197 both weaken up. Kyven withdrawing at 197, then Heflin and Meeks med def during tourney took away from some good matches.

At 184, Boaz Beard and Ryan Loder withdrawing/not competing made 184 a lot less exciting.

I was surprised Tyler Cox didn't do better. At times, he looks unbeatable, then other times he looks average.

Grajales is who he is. I'm not surprised by any result with him other than if he wrestled hard for the entire match.

Looked like Grajales had a tight 1 point match against Sueflown.