Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 197, Who ya got?

Default Re: 197, Who ya got?

bump
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Then you should have no problem agreeing to the sig bet.

I'm not mean-spirited. Bryce's sig was "I will learn to respect my elders". Yours will be something in that tone.
    It was a travesty for those freshman to be ahead of Thorn according to you, so I don't know why I have to pick just one. They were all egregiously high.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I knew that you were just joking when you posted all those awful things about Thorn on TOM. And by the way the forementioned frosh were only ranked egregiously high by you. Other sites had them ranked more sensibly.

I knew that you were just joking when you posted all those awful things about Thorn on TOM. And by the way the forementioned frosh were only ranked egregiously high by you. Other sites had them ranked more sensibly.
    I never posted anything "awful" about Thorn.

I like him as much as any guy. I don't think he proved as much as others to warrant as high a ranking as other people were giving.

Just for the fun of it here is the voice of reality grounded opinion;;

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.ph...,28539.60.html
    "Thorn at 133 won't be great either imo. R12 or worse imo. Think he's squarely behind Ramos, Graff, Schopp, Morrison, Mango, Grey, Beckman, Brewer, Gulibon, Colon and probably in the DiCamillo, Dijulius, Richards, Horan Tier."

"I mean, hes a 5th year senior. How much better can he get? He kinda is who he is at this point to an extent, right?"

"You think he places? 14-1, who cares? Who'd he beat(nobody but his teammate) who beat him? NIck Soto. IDK how he was ranked top 5 beating literally nobody and losing to Nick Soto, but whatever you say. "

"It's kinda easy to say "he can place" but when you have to start naming guys he would have to beat to do it, you soon realize it's not going to be that easy. Who was his best win last year? Take out his win over Dardanes, a teammate, who has he beaten that would suggest he can place? I just don't see it."

"David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place,..."

He doesn't typically have to beat ALL of them to place. Just one or two along the way.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Just for the fun of it here is the voice of reality grounded opinion;;

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.ph...,28539.60.html
    "Thorn at 133 won't be great either imo. R12 or worse imo. Think he's squarely behind Ramos, Graff, Schopp, Morrison, Mango, Grey, Beckman, Brewer, Gulibon, Colon and probably in the DiCamillo, Dijulius, Richards, Horan Tier."

"I mean, hes a 5th year senior. How much better can he get? He kinda is who he is at this point to an extent, right?"

"You think he places? 14-1, who cares? Who'd he beat(nobody but his teammate) who beat him? NIck Soto. IDK how he was ranked top 5 beating literally nobody and losing to Nick Soto, but whatever you say. "

"It's kinda easy to say "he can place" but when you have to start naming guys he would have to beat to do it, you soon realize it's not going to be that easy. Who was his best win last year? Take out his win over Dardanes, a teammate, who has he beaten that would suggest he can place? I just don't see it."

"David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place,..."
    Well said by me.

That's how I feel, and like everything, there's a chance I'll be wrong, and there's a chance he gets a Dom Parisi type of guy in the rd of 12. Stranger things have happened.

Glad to see that you are finally coming around.

Glad to see that you are finally coming around.
    Ha. My opinion has shifted none. You're just starting to realize it was actually always fairly reasonable.

Glad to see you change your sig.

To answer your sig: Gilman, Brooks, Meyer is a pretty salty group of back ups. PSU with Conaway/Gulibon, English, Vollrath, Gingrich is right up there too.

Considering Short has lost to Richie Lewis, Alex Kocer and Sterling Terry with really no relevant wins and the fact that Kingsley lost to John Nicholson, and like Short has no relevant wins, I'm pretty sure that PSU has better back ups, and it's possible Iowa does as well.

Vollrath would start for tons of teams, and has a win over Dieringer. Gulibon as a true Freshman had some great wins, Conaway beat Tyler Graff and was r12 last year. Gingrich last year majored All American Delaney and beat McClure and Chalfant. Last year English beat current #1 in the country Drake Houdashelt.

So without question PSU has superior backups to Minnesota. In fact it's not close. I do love Pfarr, however.