Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 197, Who ya got?

Default Re: 197, Who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by power-half View Post
    And by some crazy miracle, Minnesota managed to escape from that year with a class of Ness, Schiller, and the Dardanes twins. It's amazing how much they lucked out.
    Recruiting is an inexact science to be sure. They had a number 1 class almost completely flame out.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'd say it is a bit early to judge that class. If D Alton seems ok, and if Andrew can put a couple high finishes - with at least one in the finals, I wouldn't call him a flame out.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Recruiting is an inexact science to be sure. They had a number 1 class almost completely flame out.
    Talking about the Deitchler class?
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Straight up sig bet, NCAA placement. I say McIntosh places higher than Thorn. You in? 2 months.
    Let me get this straight. You want to sig bet that #7 ranked McIntosh wrestling in the weakest weight class will place higher than #9 ranked Thorn who is wrestling in the 2nd toughest class?
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Let me get this straight. You want to sig bet that #7 ranked McIntosh wrestling in the weakest weight class will place higher than #9 ranked Thorn who is wrestling in the 2nd toughest class?
    Well, McIntosh is obviously overrated, Thorn underrated. PLus Thorn is the defacto 1 after he pins Ramos.

But that's what I thought you'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I'd say it is a bit early to judge that class. If D Alton seems ok, and if Andrew can put a couple high finishes - with at least one in the finals, I wouldn't call him a flame out.
    I can't tell if that is sarcasm, but to set the standard of not "flaming out" is a couple of high AAs and making the finals is ridiculous.
    The Altons have both already had solid careers.

Well, McIntosh is obviously overrated, Thorn underrated. PLus Thorn is the defacto 1 after he pins Ramos.

But that's what I thought you'd say.
    Let's not compare apples and oranges. You've spent pages defending your ranking of Gulibon/Grey/Beckman ahead of Thorn. I've agreed that Beckman is the real deal but have argued that it is silly to rank the other two untested freshmen ahead of a battle tested B1G AA senior. You get a fielders choice to pick either Gulibon(or Conaway) or Grey to place higher than Thorn. Chose one of them for a two month sig bet. In this deepest of weights it is possible that none of our picks will AA so then the bet is off.
    Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Let's not compare apples and oranges. You've spent pages defending your ranking of Gulibon/Grey/Beckman ahead of Thorn. I've agreed that Beckman is the real deal but have argued that it is silly to rank the other two untested freshmen ahead of a battle tested B1G AA senior. You get a fielders choice to pick either Gulibon(or Conaway) or Grey to place higher than Thorn. Chose one of them for a two month sig bet. In this deepest of weights it is possible that none of our picks will AA so then the bet is off.
    Deal?
    I would argue that all three were tested. You can be adequately tested if you seek out tough competition as those 3 all did during their RS years.

I'm not sure what Thorn is at 133 yet since he's not wrestled a ranked guy this year.

Then you should have no problem agreeing to the sig bet.

I'm not mean-spirited. Bryce's sig was "I will learn to respect my elders". Yours will be something in that tone.
    Last edited by jammen; 12-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.