Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 197, Who ya got?

Default Re: 197, Who ya got?

Whoops. I mean the MAC, excuse me haha my mistake
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    BBL--Have you been to any of MM's matches this year? I haven't, but from what I've read, people have been quite happy with his aggressiveness and point-scoring. At least that's my impression.
    Yes, McIntosh. I watched the broadcast of Rider and was at Rec for Lock Haven.
    I felt the Rider match was fine but I'd really hope for bonus against an unranked kid. Having looked at his season last year, it looks like he held Wright to a regular decision the send time they wrestled, so maybe he can slow things down.
    Against the LH kid, obviously he got the major, but he seemed to take a long time to get things going.
    So, neither match made me think, yep, that guy is in full stride and should be able to finish at the top in March. Top 5- certainly, but there are a couple other guys (I'd take Schiller and Meeks over him right now) who I think will give him much bigger problems, so I'm looking for him to be really effective against the unranked kid.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much and should be more 'thankful' especially this week...
    Neither match

If I had to bet on someone right now, it would be McIntosh. I have no real data or stats to back that up. Just a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    You mean twice. Throw in Schiller's spanking and your Wonder Boy is 0-3 against Minny.
    Schiller now is better than Yohn ever was. I like Schiller a lot. I don't have a wonder boy, I picked someone to win. You think David Thorn is going to pin Tony Ramos. I think my opinions are a little more grounded in reality.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GAGE View Post
    Whoops. I mean the MAC, excuse me haha my mistake
    So you aren't taking my bet!?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Schiller now is better than Yohn ever was. I like Schiller a lot. I don't have a wonder boy, I picked someone to win. You think David Thorn is going to pin Tony Ramos. I think my opinions are a little more grounded in reality.
    Your head will explode. By the way, who in your reality grounded opinion is better, Andrew Alton or Morgan McIntosh? The reason I ask is that I was trying to compare their NCAA hardware and couldn't find any.
    Last edited by jammen; 12-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Well that whole 2010 recruiting class was kind of a mess. Andrew Alton, Chris Villalonga, Marshall Peppleman, Josh Dziewa, Ryak Finch, Nick Schenk....
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Your head will explode. By the way, who in your reality grounded opinion is better, Andrew Alton or Morgan McIntosh? The reason I ask is that I was trying to compare their NCAA hardware and couldn't find any.
    Straight up sig bet, NCAA placement. I say McIntosh places higher than Thorn. You in? 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    Well that whole 2010 recruiting class was kind of a mess. Andrew Alton, Chris Villalonga, Marshall Peppleman, Josh Dziewa, Ryak Finch, Nick Schenk....
    And by some crazy miracle, Minnesota managed to escape from that year with a class of Ness, Schiller, and the Dardanes twins. It's amazing how much they lucked out.