Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most GO....

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Most GO....

I'll let you guys get the Iowa guys....but my pick is Mark Conley. Navy grad in '02 I think. He was ranked #1 for a while, but only finished 5th twice I think (that could be wrong).

However, that guy had the most GO of any wrestler I've seen. Mentally broke everyone in the 3rd period. Worked your head the entire match. I remember watching him beat Tom Wysocki from Rutgers my freshman year in EIWA semis and it was one of the craziest "gut-check" spectacles I've ever seen. Conley got put on his back early, and you watched Tom just melt in the third. Conley tied it up with about 5 TD's in the third. In overtime, Tom could not even lift his arms. Conley took him down with ease.

I'll also put Schwab up there (i know i said I'd leave you the Iowa guys) but the all star meet when he wrestled Sean Gray was a sight. Gray was beating him by 4 or 5 going inot the third and Schwab seemed to turn on this light for the third and ended up majoring him. Nasty.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I'd have to go with Kolat and Schwab
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Not many could keep up with Ironside or either of the Brands boys

Until he got hurt this past year, Manny Rivera. Dude wore everyone he wrestled out. His first match against Simmons was a thing of beauty.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Cain Velasquez duh. ASU went from the worst conditioned heavy in the country to the best conditioned by far. Kinda weird.

Velasquez is a nice guy (I met him at the OTC, not at ASU... lol) Conely is a great pick, USNA has a lot of tough guys, just don't get the development that most other schools have.

I'd pick one of the Paulson's twins- probably Trent, but its tough to say anyone really because there are a ton of wrestlers who don't quit.

Steiner brothers.....Great example was when Terry defeated Sutherland for the title just on pure never give up attacking! Then of course you gotta throw in Lincoln Mac, even though he didn't have to make too many come backs, the match prior to Terry in the 93 finals with Abas was freaking awesome! GO GO GO and more Go out of those boys.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

I gotta disagree with the Paulsons man. They were always in good shape, but weren't by any means known for their conditioning or for racking up the points.

JH was the man this year.