Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely

Default Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely

being reported on PSU board Cael announced that he would miss this weekend and is suspended indefinetly
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Default Re: Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely

is that the truth?

It's true. There is a lot of speculation as to what is actually behind the suspension, but no real facts so far.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I hope it's not too serious and he can get back soon. The season just wouldn't be the same without him.

If Ed was in good standing before this hiccup I'm sure that it will be more of a slap on the wrist type of thing. Unless Ed does something very egregious he will be wrestling for his team when it matters

Some guessing it is a DUI. This would be strike 2 I believe. If it is a DUI I could see him serving a similar suspension like the Altons. 30 days at most

IF it is DUI related, here is my guess:
    He got pulled over and tested but was let go (under the limit). I currently doubt an actual DUI charge because some folks have been looking for legal stuff to hit through those channels and nothing is surfacing. However, that would mean he was out and maybe drinking in season, which is (I'm pretty sure) a team violation

I'd like to have a little more fun with this thread- some of hte other boards are talking about what Ed being in or out does to the NCAA team performance for PSU. Here is what I expect from the rest of the lineup - I have given what I think is a realistic low and high finish at each weight:

125 Megaludis 4th 1st
    133 Conaway/Gulibon R12 4th/5th
    141 Retherford 2-2 6th
    149 A Alton 8th 2nd
    157 D Alton 6th 2nd
    165 Taylor 1st Hodge
    174 Brown 5th 2nd
    184 Frascella DNQ 3-2
    197 M McIntosh 7th 3rd
    HWT Lawson/Gingrich R 12 5th

Of course, these are barring injury. That conservatively gives PSU 9 qualifiers, with six AA (1,4,5,6,7,8). Two more in R12 and and one that picks up about 3 team points. I think that is enough to keep the team very much in the conversation. My most realistic picks would be 10 qualify, 8 make AA finishing 1,2,2,3,4,4,7,8 - I think that is the team title. Even if one of those 8 doesn't actually AA, I still think that is the team title.
    Last edited by BlueBloodLion; 11-14-2013 at 12:13 PM.