Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely

Default Re: Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely

I think the suspension fit the crime. I think suspensions are supposed to teach lessons. Suspending him for an entire year (his final year) would not teach him a lesson. In fact, it would probably cause him to get into more trouble. I think extra practice or coach imposed community service would not only teach a lesson to him but his teammates too. It would also keep him busy and give him a goal to work towards. A year suspension just makes him an example and helps him in no way.

These are young adults about to be released to the world. Allowing them mistakes with redemption will serve them better than just casting them aside for a dumb mistake, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Well not to excuse what Ed did but seriously it shouldn't matter if his bac was .08 or .3. He broke the law and needs to serve whatever punishment Cael feels is appropriate. I do think some of you are being over the top asking for a year suspension. If this was a repeat violation maybe suspending him for that long makes sense. From what I know this is his 1st DUI so it needs to be treated as such. I know he was in an altercation previously but I give that a pass as all sorts of people get into drunk fights and it hasn't happened again. He should wrestle against IA which makes me happy.
    Only in the law's eyes. Common sense tells us that the more intoxicated you are the worse you will drive a vehicle. I don't think he should miss the entire season but missing 30 days against the soft part of the schedule doesn't seem to be sending much of a message

It doesn't really matter what Cael does. Wait until the Judge lays down the law.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    It doesn't really matter what Cael does. Wait until the Judge lays down the law.
    It's his first dui. He will probably get some fines, weekend in a treatment program and a 90 day license suspension. Nothing that will hurt his wrestling. Unless the weekend he gets is in early March but I doubt it.

Ok, once again not to understate the potential impact (no pun intended) of a 0.28+, but one of the reasons I truly love this site is the humor and perspective that is offered here.
    The combination of insight and entertainment is, IMO, unparalleled. Thanks to everyone who posts here and makes me want to come back and read it whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Wouldnt suprise me. I never drove to Taco Johns wasted late at night...alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Smart thinking let the drunkest guy drive....

I guess I have no issues with the punishment. seems consistent with the other punishments Cael has handed out(Altons). Not a big fan of the drinking during the season and then getting in the car and driving. Plus driving other people. Seems like a night full of bad judgement.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I don't think the punishment was enough. I don't think he should miss the entire season but driving wasted is pretty dangerous and a non suspensions, suspension just doesn't cut it for me.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

My guess is that they lay out general guidelines for suspensions. Something like this would be a 'team rule violation', and therefore the automatic, predetermined suspension kicks in. I think it gets hairy trying to modify each suspension for how slightly better or worse it was within a given category.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    A couple thoughts:
    First, I do not mean to diminish Ed's BAC, 0.281 is ridiculously high and he should have been nowhere near a driver's seat. Having said that, simply posting he 'crashed into a tree' is a bit misleading, he was trying to parallel park at the time. Knowing that Taco Bell and probably the victim tree, he was probably going between 4 and 7 mph at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    To clear up some rumors about the previous arrest:
    He was trying to get into a bar to use a phone. He had lost his cell phone and the only pay phone around was in the bar. I think everyone knows how hard it is to find one of those ancient devices these days, and he had no other way of getting in touch with the people he was staying with.

One undercover cop, who did not identify himself, grabbed Ruth from behind. Ruth spun out of the hold and the officer ended up on the floor. RUTH DID NOT HIT ANYONE. But the embarrassed cop filed the charges, which were largely dropped.

I'm excited to see what the excuse is for the next crime that he commits
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.