Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Discuss Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion IF it is DUI related, here is my guess: He got ...

Default Re: Ed Ruth Suspended Indefintely

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    IF it is DUI related, here is my guess:
    He got pulled over and tested but was let go (under the limit). I currently doubt an actual DUI charge because some folks have been looking for legal stuff to hit through those channels and nothing is surfacing. However, that would mean he was out and maybe drinking in season, which is (I'm pretty sure) a team violation
    All good points. It's probably just a team violation thing.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I think your low prediction is a little high at at 149 and 285. I think they would have a chance without Ed, but would probably be behind 2-3 other teams

I find it funny for everyone who made fun of Iowa for there suspensions. I am not going to go back and look up who said what but we all know that it was a free for all when Iowa kids messed up. Now it's PSU kids. I'm a Buckeye fan so I know we've seen our share. I will just like to see how everyone reacts when Ed is allowed back on the team when it matters. Iowa took a lot of heat for letting Marion back on "just because they needed him". Let's see what happens when Ruth is reinstated.

I guess we don't yet know all of the specifics but it seems to be a pattern for this kid.

Didn't Ruth get arrested a couple years ago for assaulting a police officer? How is it that Ruth does something like that, gets a second shot on the team and then gets suspended indefinitely only a couple years later and its pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll be re-instated by NCAAs, but Bubba Jenkins intentionally flunks a class and is promptly thrown off the team?
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

PO
    Blog Entries

Not surprised; happens in all sports. If the guy is talented, they have more patience with him. I'm sure they don't appreciate the PR hit though.

I would be interested to see what the backlash would be if they actually kicked him off the team. People would lose their minds

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I guess we don't yet know all of the specifics but it seems to be a pattern for this kid.
    Flop, what do you know about this event that makes a "pattern"??

To clear up some rumors about the previous arrest:
    He was trying to get into a bar to use a phone. He had lost his cell phone and the only pay phone around was in the bar. I think everyone knows how hard it is to find one of those ancient devices these days, and he had no other way of getting in touch with the people he was staying with.

One undercover cop, who did not identify himself, grabbed Ruth from behind. Ruth spun out of the hold and the officer ended up on the floor. RUTH DID NOT HIT ANYONE. But the embarrassed cop filed the charges, which were largely dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I find it funny for everyone who made fun of Iowa for there suspensions. I am not going to go back and look up who said what but we all know that it was a free for all when Iowa kids messed up. Now it's PSU kids. I'm a Buckeye fan so I know we've seen our share. I will just like to see how everyone reacts when Ed is allowed back on the team when it matters. Iowa took a lot of heat for letting Marion back on "just because they needed him". Let's see what happens when Ruth is reinstated.
    I thought we were just making fun of the "permanent suspension" that was apparently not so permanent. And yes, I understand an assistant AD basiclly blundered, so it is not really a joke anymore.

For the folks where we really start seeing a pattern, and I would include Andrew Long, Garrett Scott (more on behavior, not legal issues) and Montell Marion on that list, it no longer becomes funny.

And for any Iowa fans who don't like MM being lumped in there with Long, I am only going on the number of issues, I do not mean to compare the severity of the issues. Long has been given an extended opportunity to sort himself out in a cell for a reason.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!