Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State's wrestle-off results TWT style

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Default Oklahoma State's wrestle-off results TWT style

Sadly I was in the middle of a very important project for an entirely useless class (Educational Technology for those curious enough or stupid enough to read this completely useless sentence) so I was unable to see if I could possibly actually watch these matches. But at the very least I can offer you the results for this glorified wrestle-off

125: Eddie Klimara (Orange) def. Connor Cline (Black), 5-4
    133: Jon Morrison (Orange) def. Dean Heil (Orange), 6-4 SV1
    141: Anthony Collica (Orange) TF5 Michael Martin (Black),15-0; 5:10
    149: Josh Kindig (Black) def. Davey Dolan (Orange), 9-3
    157: Chris Koo (Orange) def. Matt White (Black), 11-5
    165: Tyler Caldwell (Black) TF5 Sam Mehan (Orange), 24-8; 6:09
    174: Chris Perry (Orange) MD Quinten Patterson (Black), 17-6
    184: Nolan Boyd (Orange) def. Jordan Rogers (Black), 8-4
    197: Blake Rosholt (Orange) def. Austin Schafer (Black), 4-2
    285: Austin Marsden (Orange) MD Ethan Driver (Black), 11-3

What follows are my thoughts

125- Cline kept it a lot closer then I thought he would, he has solidified himself as the #2 guy in open tournaments for the past two years but I thought Klimara was more ahead of him then this. Hopefully this just means Eddie will be pushed more this season as opposed to he is not as good as I hope and dream he is.

133- Almost certain that Heil will be redshirting but this speaks towards a promising future at 133/141

141- John isn't a fan of not letting kids redshirt but it's starting to look like Collica may be a serious upgrade over who we have at 141 right now. The only other names that have been thrown around are Case Garrison and Julian Feikart, not exactly names that make other teams tremble in fear.

149- Hope the redshirt season set Kindig back on track after his sophomore slump following his promising freshman season

157- Is Dieringer hurt? Hope it isn't serious, I suppose I could use my contacts to find out but I like to sit on favors to get such gems as Jordan Oliver's code for "my ankle hurts" (he would touch his ribs). Koo has had some promising results though, definitely a name to look out for.

165- Nothing to see here, we all know Caldwell is the 2nd best guy at his weight

174- Wow Chris Perry beating everyone else we have that weight, who could've seen that coming?

184- I have two thoughts here, One: I told you not to hold your breath on Jordan Rogers, Two: Where is Crutchmer?

197- Schafer should push Rosholt pretty well this year

285- The era of Austin Marsden begins, I've heard lots of good things about him and he didn't do to bad filling in for Z at the last second that one year.

Props to the site that raised me

*drops the mic*

*walks out of building*
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Default Re: Oklahoma State's wrestle-off results TWT style

Should we hold our breath on Boyd?

Additionally, I think that Dean Heil is going to be the best wrestler from his class. That is my bold prediction of the year

Ask me again after their first dual

It's gonna be between Heil and Collica they are both very promising
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Why didn't Feikert compete in the wrestle off? I had assumed he was starting.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

My disdain towards Feikart is fairly well known, I would rather live in a world where we didn't have to have him as our starter. But possibly he is hurt, equally likely is that Collica is simply that much better then him. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Collica's redshirt pulled this year, in a similar vein as what was down to the likes of Colemon Scott, Nathan Morgan, Clayton Foster, Josh Kindig....

Ha a double post, what a loser!

What would you expect from Collica if he did go this year? Feikert seems like a sure NCAA qualifier maybe r12 type of guy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

the day Feikert makes the r12 is the day I give up on analyzing wrestling. He only even started last year because Ormsbee screwed up the summer before his freshman year, that was planned to be his spot. Collica's Ceiling is at 8th-5th place, the only competition at 141 in the Big 12 is Lester and I could see Collica beating Lester easily. He'd have to wrestle his A++ Game to beat the likes of Dardanes and Durso though.