Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Let's Save TWT

Default Re: Let's Save TWT

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    PSU-meltdown-laugh
    so these 3 word passwords don't need to be accurate then??

Jacob asked me to be a moderator a long time ago-i declined yet will do whatever necessary to keep the site running !
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Hi, guys.

Haven't been here in a while. Life, ya know? I really like the idea of archiving the old stuff somewhere and starting fresh. I just think it's a good idea to do that once in a while -- especially after a bunch of problems. But whatever you all decide is best, I'm with you.

I have never contributed much but come here to learn. I can't tell you what a relief it was to find an online wrestling community that welcomes women. That said, when the PayPal info is up, I'll chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by tc View Post
    3 or more lengthy, unrelated words make good passwords.
    The longer and stranger, the better.

You want something like purple-monkey-dishwasher, but not that, because it should be something not easily guessed or already well-known.

For example:

haberdashery goose furloughs
    illegitimate-popsicle-receptacle
    ham-handed wanderlust incentive

I try to make something humorous-sounding so it's easy to remember
    Before I forget, I'll add that you should never use the same username/password in more than one place.
    Without following that rule, if one account gets compromised (either by hacking or cracking), then they're suddenly all at risk, and you get to experience the frenzied joy of updating every important account before more serious damage can be done (like to your bank account, or anything with the ability to draw on your personal funds).

As for how accurately your passwords reflect reality, I'd say it's no holds barred there, but I'll let you guys wrestle with that one...
    ~ truthfulness ~ compassion ~ forbearance ~

Wow, nice to see some of the "old" names come back, hopefully if the site becomes stable this can be a busy board again.

Quote Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
    Hi, guys.

Haven't been here in a while. Life, ya know? I really like the idea of archiving the old stuff somewhere and starting fresh. I just think it's a good idea to do that once in a while -- especially after a bunch of problems. But whatever you all decide is best, I'm with you.

I have never contributed much but come here to learn. I can't tell you what a relief it was to find an online wrestling community that welcomes women. That said, when the PayPal info is up, I'll chip in.

It's been cool to see all these old posters come by. And I don't believe they were prompted or anything? Other than it being wrestling season so I presume they came to check on the site.

I'm still waiting on Kristen with the paypal account. Also texted her about her address because a few have PMed me about sending a check since they don't have Paypal. So hopefully by the weekend both of those options will be set up.

Glad to hear there is an effort being made to save TWT

I, like VA, had pretty much given up on this site.

I've got negative money and no technical skills to contribute, but I'll be happy to keep posting and be an active part of the community if you guys are able to keep this thing running.

Also I'd like to chime in and say that I personally don't give a crap about all the gizmos and modifications this site has. if it would be cheaper and make things less vulnerable to switch to a different format and archive the old threads than I am all for that.
    Gold is an idiot.

I'm fine having limited or no historical archive following the update.

I don't need to look back through years' worth of posts, and besides, every prediction is archived in VAIS's brain, just waiting to be brought up.

I'm going to suggest that you archive everything that I posted because it was all brilliant. You can get rid of all the garbage others have posted though.