Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Save TWT

Default Re: Let's Save TWT

Hopefully as the site stays up longer we will get some traffic back. I may need to get on Takedown Radio and give the site a few plugs.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

World Champ

Hey, folks.
    I don't get here often anymore, but I wanted to chime in. I learned a lot here, and I miss interacting with you folks that I don't see elsewhere.
    Hang in there all of you, and let's enjoy this upcoming season!

Go for it Wiltz, any kind of plug will help.

We still get a fair amount of direct traffic. Where it's died off is the new visits via search, specifically google. The downtime has hurt rankings, as well as it has been a few years now since Schlottke's SEO wizardry and link-building prowess took place but I am attempting to emulate that as best I can lately and going forward.

Talked to Kristen last night. She doesn't have a Paypal account, but will be setting one up today and getting back to me, since that will be a lot easier for people to use than sending a check via snail mail. Stay tuned on that. Also she mentioned she had been trying to get a hold of Shane for a while, leaving him voice mails and such that he did not return.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilippinesOrphanage View Post
    Go for it Wiltz, any kind of plug will help.

We still get a fair amount of direct traffic. Where it's died off is the new visits via search, specifically google. The downtime has hurt rankings, as well as it has been a few years now since Schlottke's SEO wizardry and link-building prowess took place but I am attempting to emulate that as best I can lately and going forward.

Talked to Kristen last night. She doesn't have a Paypal account, but will be setting one up today and getting back to me, since that will be a lot easier for people to use than sending a check via snail mail. Stay tuned on that. Also she mentioned she had been trying to get a hold of Shane for a while, leaving him voice mails and such that he did not return.
    I will let Shane know. He is kind of hard to reach lately.

I will work something out with TDR. Might be in a few weeks.

Yea no worries, I know you said he's busy. Stuff happens. I think we can handle things while he's gone, it's just good to have long-time posters around. Looks like the dude has 14,000 some posts.

Hello, everybody. When I googled TWT to try to log on awhile back, I found a thread on a very similar wrestling talk website and went there. On it, someone mentioned getting an error message upon logging onto TWT, which indicated that the site wasn't safe. This kept me away for awhile, but i'm glad I tried it today. I've been on TWT since day one, when it rescued the castaways and those who got tired of the bullshit at Themat.com. TWT has been my online wrestling home for many years and I would do whatever I could to keep it afloat (to continue the metaphor). Much thanks to all who are working to resolve all the problems.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Nice to see a friendly face. Spider glad your back!

Hey Spider,

The site did have Malware, back in September I believe it was. Hackers were going through some of the Admin's accounts (namely Shane's) and creating their own accounts so that they could do nefarious things like plant Malware on the forum. We have since cleaned it up and told google to re-scan it, thus there are no more malware alerts. Just the joys of managing a forum They are the biggest target because there is so much user-generated content. But it's clean now and we'll do our best to keep it that way.