Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All Star Lineup

Default Re: All Star Lineup

I didn't get to see any of the matches, they all seemed to be close, was it a good meet with exciting matches or was there a lot of stalling waiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I thought it was great. Loved seeing the guys jump weights. There wasn't much stalling, it was pretty exciting the whole way through. Stieber vs. Maple was a great match to end on.

How was the Brown v Howe match and the Meeks v Schiller?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Meeks / Schiller was a lot of fun, much more action that Howe/Brown. Howe got hit for stalling 3 times. Given the similar, controlling styles for Brown and Howe, I wasn't expecting fireworks, but to be honest I am disappointed in Howe. He is good enough to have done (or at least tried) more. Anybody with his ability should be embarrassed with 3 stall class.

I didn't see the match, for those who did, did you think Howe was head and shoulders above Brown? From what I've read it didn't seem Brown was ever very close to scoring.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I don't think so. I think he is the worst match up for Brown - Brown works best when he can control ties and get someone out of position. Howe holds position and controls ties as well as anyone. He is also conservative enough to be comfortable slowing things down, waiting out an opponent and letting the other guy make a mistake rather than opening up his own offense.